Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheWhaler
Nov 6, 2009
Just found and caught up to this thread - I've been a huge fan of the whole Trails series for a while and it's great to see this bring LPed so soon after coming out.

Since I did my first playthrough on Hard mode, I wanted to give a special shoutout to these fuckers:

I legitimately think that fight was one of the hardest 3 or 4 fights in this entire game. Harder than the final boss. On a new playthrough you're seriously strapped for cash at this stage so I at least hadn't updated people's armour yet and these guys are tanky (they could take 2 s-crafts and still have some hp left), are significantly faster than anyone in your party and hit like a goddamn truck. From memory, they basically two-hit anybody in your party outside of maybe Kevin. They also start really spread-out so you can't just aoe them down with s-crafts. I think I had to burn all my s-crafts and go through a significant chunk of the item stockpile in this one fight. Finally, since they hit twice even a max Grail Sphere is only half as effective. For the rest of that section I literally just ran from battles as soon as I saw one since it was seriously far too much trouble to deal with.

From the numbers I'm seeing it looks like all Hard really did was near-double the damage enemies did and jack up HP slightly, and by the time you get the Tiger Heart and Crimson Eye it doesn't matter how much damage they do since your dedicated crafts/arts users just murder everything. Finally, Jinu is love, Jinu is life - that weapon basically makes Anelace the best character for the rest of this chapter and most of the next. With a Tiger Heart she one-hits a lot of enemies even on Hard.

Anyway, this has been a great LP so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWhaler
Nov 6, 2009
I thought this boss was pretty easy and kinda anticlimactic on Hard, I found Cassius and the final arena a lot more difficult since they're fast enough + have enough aoe so that you can't just spam earth wall.

Animus Mundi is a lot slower than Cassius or Schwarzritter (or maybe it just felt that way since my whole team had onyx gems and were buffed), and it gives you plenty of time to buff your party up before doing anything. I brought Richard and Olivier, buffed up and had popped Grail Sphere before the first attack, then just force-fed Ries basically all the zeram powder/capsules I got in the game to clear the towers.

Once the towers were down it was totally the Richard show - he basically soloed Animus Mundi while Kevin was on permanent earth walk duty, Ries on secondary earth wall duty, and Olivier dealt with the summons (and if he had nothing to do had a third cast of earth wall handy). The boss doesn't move fast enough to get through the Earth Wall spam against Kevin with a time gem, onyx gem and fools emblem.

The only time I ended up taking damage was, like a few others have mentioned, when I let didn't earth guard Ries for his big attack because I was getting pretty bored and curious.

Richard is just so much fun to use, I had double gladiator belts AND soul quartz and he was still burning through the CP like it was nothing :allears:.

I know it's not technically the end yet, but thanks for doing the LP Really Pants, I don't comment much but it's been great reliving the moments. Now we just have to wait until Cold Steel III...

• Locked thread