Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

It really was nice seeing the chest phrases return.

It was also nice to go back to SC to find they've been patched in there, as well.

Anyway, looking forward to this LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

tithin posted:

How do the Trails of Cold Steel games tie into Trails in the Sky?

They're set about a year or so after this game in the Empire of Erebonia, with a new main cast and all that.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I feel It might have been a better idea for them to have used one of the more interactive doors as the introduction to this particular system.

Plus, the intro + this door means you maybe get a bit too much concentrated Erika right at the start of the game.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Y'know, I wonder If Kevin and Ries secretly get real salty that nobody else's quartz gets randomly smashed once they're brought out of their crystal.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I wonder why nobody else ever thinks to attack twice during a chain craft.

You literally have two blades Joshua, geez.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

Judging by the Cold Steel thread, Elise Schwarzer has practically been duped into the role of Alfin's unofficial chaperone/BFF/prank magnet. Hopefully, Elise will be able to get in touch with Mueller to learn some pointers on dealing with the Arnor family some day.

'Just threaten them with physical violence.'

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Man I can't believe they just give you Josette so early, I thought this was the HARD game of the trilogy!

*bullet pings off of enemy for 6 damage*

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Josette can cast earth wall, and as such is a perfectly usable character (heck, she even got to kill (Late SC spoilers, just to be safe) Loewe my last time through SC. And then ruined Loewe and Joshua's big reunion hug by insinuating they were a little 'too' close) She's just always outclassed by literally anyone else.

Actually, I should use her a bunch next time I play through 3rd, see if she tries to ruin any big scenes in this game as well.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I wonder what happened to that cat.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Those changing chest messages were a very nasty trick on XSEED's part.

Can't believe I missed out on those fine name-based puns.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

RIP Joshua's scarf, Estelle just wouldn't stop using it as a towel.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Hmm, I've been seeing a bunch of broken images in your last couple of updates, is that just me?

Anyway, go with your team. I was tempted to suggest Joshua, Kloe and Josette for team Maximum Awkwardness but I remember silver road not being something to mess with.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

You know no one better than yourself.

Cassius may be the only one who knows the Grandmaster's identity.

Ergo...

Estelle: drat IT DAD!

Joshua: I actually knew this already.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Erpy posted:

It feels really weird to go back to the times when Gilbert just seemed like Lila's male counterpart and not the punchable screw-up we've gotten to know over the last 1.5 games.

It really was a swift and steep decline (ascent?)

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I like to imagine while Estelle is having her sewer fishing duel, Joshua's off fighting the wanted monster by himself, wondering where in the hell she is.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

My only vote is Estelle for the third group.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

May as well choose the teams I went with:

Team Olivier's Haram (Olivier, Mueller, Schera, Zin) for the Golden Giant
Team Kloe's Kourt (Kloe, Juila, Richard, Josette) for the Crimson Lizard
Team Agate's Worst Nightmare (Agate, Tita, Renne, Anelace) for the Black Guardian

And Team Protagonist (Estelle, Josua, Kevin, Ries) to finish things off.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

High ATK, hits twice, and he's last in the chain... It has quite an effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

So that Johhny-come-lately Kevin thinks he can just waltz in and become protagonist of MY video game series? well, we're gonna show him what we think of that, right guys?

Heck yeah.

gently caress EM UP ESTELLE

• Locked thread