Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Erpy posted:

Exhibit A: Star Door 14 (the final one you open). There's no way the characters wouldn't comment on that if they had actually seen that scene.

Speaking of that door... did they use the original PC version of that door, or the one from the console releases?
:smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Oops, yeah I meant that one. No idea why they numbered the doors like that.

e: Actually, it's probably just because of where the doors are located, and they didn't want players going crazy looking for the one door they think they missed.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 5, 2017

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I agree with Some Numbers. I didn't care all that much about the main story. Learning about the character's pasts and/or what they did after SC from the doors was the main draw for me.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

The chest phrases are an English exclusive bonus.

The story is that in FC, each chest had an individual line of text of "this chest is empty," so XSeed decided to give each chest a (mostly) unique message.

SC's coding works differently, but they still (eventually) got a ton of messages in through Sara magic. 3rd is the same.

The reason for this is that the first game didn't actually have "chests" as game objects, they were all coded as NPCs. So every single chest in the game was an NPC that looked like a closed chest, and when you "talk" to it, it gave you an item, after which it is replaced with another NPC that looked like an opened chest who just said "this chest is empty". Each of those NPCs had their own lines in the script (even though all of those lines were the same).

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I...can't tell if this is a joke or not.

It wasn't supposed to be one, but I can't find a source for it either.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

RegalStar posted:

What.

Shouldn't they be there one and half years later

Zero starts 3 months after The 3rd, so them just having arrived in Crossbell fits

Tamba fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jun 15, 2017

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

Indeed, that was a nice touch. Also, I'm a bit surprised Ries doesn't know about Kevin's little showdown with Weissmann. I'm half-expecting that to become a plot point down the road.

She knows, and was about to explain it, but Kevin shut her up with his interruption.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Really Pants posted:

...what kinds of bugs have webbed feet? Does Estelle count ducks as bugs?

Not ducks, but the word 虫, that's usually translated as bug, actually includes all small animals that arent mammals, birds or fish.
So both insects and reptiles are 'bugs' in japanese.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jul 17, 2017

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

Sorry, I meant that in the sense of "Bleublanc being "Enforcer Number X" rather than "Phantom Thief B."" In other words, the Ourbouros connection isn't common knowledge (I don't think.)

Edit: Another thought I had in the shower:
I doubt they're saying "X" literally, but "10" and the "X" is a stylistic choice that only really pops up in text. Do we even have an in-universe written example where they've referred to themselves like that?

I kind of wonder if it's a translation thing in general, like how SpaceDrake said that Kevin's Kansai(?) accent was translated to sound kind of southern/Texan? I don't know enough Japanese to know for sure if this is even a thing, but a... more formal way of saying a number? That sounds silly now that I type it out, but who knows? :v:

His title in japanese is "執行者No.X" , so they use roman numerals there as well.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

AweStriker posted:

I'd imagine they're written with Roman numerals but still pronounced as if it was in Japanese.

No, they're pronouncing it as english numbers (don't watch the anime, it's bad)

https://a.pomf.cat/ikcebx.webm
https://a.pomf.cat/guueqr.webm

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Really Pants posted:

This fortress has an intimidating reputation ...and I, for one, look forward to seeing how much its defenses live up to it.

...he says, and then just walks in though the open front door. :v:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I played the game in japanese, and that quiz was the worst.
Randomized questions with a time limit short enough that you can barely even read the questions, let alone the answers :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Yes, she's in the Crossbell games

• Locked thread