Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Oh wow, this... Is certainly one way to find out that 3rd is out already. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out, to say the least.

The mods ignored the PM requests to change the Falcom thread title in Games, so not a huge surprise there's some who didn't know it came out about a month ago.

Edit: Annnnd as I say that, I see it finally got changed. Welp.

Erpy posted:

When Tita first brings up Erika in SC, Estelle says "I bet your mom's just like you" and she's like: "Actually, she's not like me at all."

It's still possible Tita has grown some additional spunk by the time Cold Steel III rolls around. She should be in the middle of puberty, after all.

She's 16 by the time of Cold Steel III, so possibly.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Xander77 posted:

It seemed like a huge departure from the series formula. And from the things that made it unique and fun. Having second thoughts about buying this (and I placed the game at the top of my steam wishlist the moment it came out)

This is the game which delves the deepest into the backstories of various characters including NPCs as well as lay the foundation for games like Zero, Ao and the Cold Steel games to capitalize on and there's a lot of optional content in the game. Just because the game is set in one dungeon, doesn't mean that it's nothing but a dungeon crawler.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

So if anyone wishes to see what Star Door 8 was hinting towards and hasn't yet played Cold Steel, it's on PC, GOG and Humble now.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Minor Crossbell and Cold Steel 3 spoilers

Two characters who join your party in the Crossbell games are major characters in what's been revealed of Cold Steel 3 and one of them, is even shown in a battle screenshot indicating she's playable or at least temporarily playable. One of the villains of the Crossbell games is going to be prominent too based on revealed screenshots.

However I don't think the Crossbell stuff will be as large as you think though. I'm predicting maybe the prologue will involve Crossbell and then you revisit it near the end of the game in the second last chapter or something, to coincide with the epilogue of Ao but most of the game seems to be strictly based on west Erebonia in all of the locations Rean didn't visit in the first two Cold Steel games.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Aug 12, 2017

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

This door is one of those things that actually seem more hosed up than it currently is once you play Zero and Ao, once you realize who was behind it, why it happened and who the sick patrons who visited the place were.

Just like Star Door 8 was huge setup for Cold Steel, this door is huge setup for Crossbell. Hopefully you'll get to experience it in some form or another, through official or fan-translated means.

• Locked thread