Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vdate
Oct 25, 2010
After the first two LPs and the general mention of 3rd as sort of an afterthought (and I mean after the finale of 2nd I agreed, because that story seemed done and dusted), I didn't expect this game to actually get released in the West, much less get an LP.

That said, Really Pants, while I'm terribly grateful to you for doing this, the gif-heavy updates are making my browser on my home computer(and the terminals on campus) halt and catch fire every time there's more than one on a page. Is there much likelihood of you using the test poster for updates or using .webm files instead of animated gifs or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Yer a hero, Really Pants.

And Ms. Argent brings up a valid question that I can't recall if it got answered in Trails 1 or 2 - how the hell did Kevin make Graalsritter? His piety is indeed questionable. I guess you don't really need to be a zealot to be a member of the Divine MiB, but I imagine the church would want its most faithful on the job to minimize likelihood of them going MIA with the ridiculously overpowered relics they're sent to recover.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Tita. Tita your mom and grandad are designing orbal Metal Gear. They're literally calling it Orbal Gear. How can you not be hyped for this? I mean, come on, you already know that violence is the principal precursor to any useful conversation with Rene, so why not make it giant robot violence? At least that way it can be awesome.

Wait, no, the game's ahead of me on that one.

Having finished the post, I do appreciate how Erika's got Tita's number re: giant robot violence as prelude to heartfelt conversation. The whole chat about weapons development seems a little odd given as her daughter spent a fair few months of the last year toting around a personal cannon and a minigun, though. Or was that another little thing Grandpa neglected to mention in his letters? Also, I would absolutely be down to watch a round of Agate vs. Tita-in-ride-armour.

...wait. Oh. Oh my God yes. Please tell me we get Tita's ride-armour later in this game.

vdate fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 6, 2017

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Oh man, are we gonna collect a party of all the guest characters from Trails 2? I guess we already have one of three and that door strongly represented us picking up the second, so...

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

This chest quote made me giggle for 5 minutes straight when I first saw it, I swear.

Same here! It's probably telling the truth, too. After all, it's Olivier.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Really Pants posted:

There is nothing my sword cannot cut!

Sanger?! Izzat you?

Also, I think Kevin may have violated the 'conduct your duties with dignity' part of his code from time to time.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

I was going to make a joke early about Kevin working for the Fantasy Catholic SCP Foundation, but... well, it looks like Kevin actually does work for the Fantasy Catholic SCP Foundation.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

Most of us would, but sadly, "Wings of White" is a pretty clear clue.

Sieg finally gets his chance to shine as a solo character!

Just you wait, spookyman! Once we have Julia's murderparrot on our side, nothing shall stand in our way!

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
I love that the concept art of Disguised Julia has her absolutely hating it.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Cryohazard posted:

I bet you anything that Cassius knew.

Isn't Kevin the '-K' attribution on the note attached to the black orbment Cassius gets mailed in FC?

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Aha! Thank you. It's been quite a while since I read the LP, so I've forgotten a lot of little details.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Lechter is part of the reason I wanna play the other games. I must know what his deal is

Alls you need to know is, if he starts talking about Chianti, bail.

nrook posted:

But Lechter is going around trying to help people and make their lives better on a very personal level. That's not something Kevin would do.

I argue that in murdering Weissman beyond the hope of any last-minute cunning plan horseshit, Kevin has bettered the lives of virtually everybody Weissman has ever encountered on a very personal level.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Glazius posted:

I have to hand it to Gilbert, he finds some way to keep going. If he were a protagonist, it would be kind of admirable.

His repeated defeats at the hands of the protagonists... they fill him with determination.

I really have no other explanation for how he keeps managing to survive the poo poo he finds himself in. Frankly his ability to survive every one of his screwups and keep on trucking is at the point where if he actually learned anything from those failures he might actually be threatening! Fortunately, y'know, Gilbert.

vdate fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 29, 2017

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Glazius posted:

Dang, that's an awful lot of levels for juniors. I suppose it's the attitude? Also it wouldn't be much of a credible Agate fight otherwise.

I mean, every time you fight them as the main party they're fighting a team of trained bracers and they aren't exactly going down in one hit there. They obviously had something going for them pre-training. Presumably Agate's Hartman impression's hardened them into semi-competence.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

OddObserver posted:

I still love how one of Estelle's S-Craft's is "True Pummel". It's so... unpretentious.

That's Estelle for you in a nutshell. It's why she's great!

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Don't get your knickers in a twist, there's an empty slot on the roster page. One day the true might of Dapper Dad will be ours.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
I'll admit, I did forget about that. It'd be an interesting twist if nope, Ries was actually the main character, but I don't think the narrative's been set up for it.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
I was never clear on one point - is Mueller Olivier's assigned bodyguard, an old friend, a co-conspirator, or what? Originally speaking, I mean - at this point I figure at least the first and last are true.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

BearDrivingTruck posted:

It's also what they thought of him for a while.

I believe that's what passes for 'mutually beneficial relationship' in the kinds of games that Osborne is playing.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
There wasn't even a chest comment prompting that one! :argh:

...:golfclap:

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Really Pants posted:

The earth and mirage points make it easier to use arts like Gaia Shield and Athelas, which I am definitely going to need, trust me.

...is the Black Breath going to be a problem in the near future? Do Ringwraiths feature prominently among the ranks of the demons of this world?

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Really Pants posted:

He loving says 'Boom goes the dynamite.' I am not making that up.

Wow, Cassius. I have no words. The strongest man in Liberl, ladies and gentlemen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Lost between all of Cassius's amazing feats and reputation is the fact that the man is, very slightly, a dork.

I think he's operating on the premise that if you're sufficiently rad in other respects, it goes from 'being a dork' to 'personal idiosyncracy'.

• Locked thread