Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Come on Kevin, open up that copy of Isthmian Tales. I want to see just what gets a book banned by the church. Also I was wondering if they were actually going to let you keep those starting quartz, so when they shattered them I was sad to see that Haze quartz go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Erpy posted:

It doesn't really elaborate on Kevin's reasoning. It could be that Kevin had enough interaction with Ouroboros as part of Estelle's group to realize that Weissmann and the society weren't messing around and use of the big guns was in order. Or it could be Kevin simply being a spiteful bastard.

It's probably a combination of Kevin wanting to try out his new toy, and Weissman being an excellent subject for it. Since if that last page is anything to go by Kevin was the person who designed the salt bolt, or at least had a hand in it.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Knifemurder is still fine, it just has too high of a survivability rate for their taste.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

Re: Joshua knowing about Kevin but Weissmann not, it's possible Joshua just has better information gathering skills and contacts than Weissmann on account of that being his specialty. What I find more likely though is what's actually stated in SC, that Weissmann had such extreme tunnel vision centered on Cassius and his actions that he paid no more than cursory attention to what anyone else, including Estelle and her party, were doing. I mean think about it, from his perspective Estelle's party should barely be a problem since in the worst case he can just activate Joshua's stigma and be done with it.

I'd probably say that tunnel vision was centered on Joshua and the Aureole if anything, but yeah the tunnel vision probably helped a lot in that regard.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Oh hello best shoes in the game.

Ok I'm exaggerating, but I still have trouble believing how much use I got out of that speed bonus.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I really liked this door, something about just seeing what Agate would do for a junior Bracer exam was great. Plus the only things that are a real threat are the blue things that can inflict freeze since they are the only enemies here that actually resist the def down debuff. Though I really don't want to imagine what this door might be like on a higher difficulty.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

My preferred way to cheese this door is to dump confusion on them. Turns out they don't resist petrify.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The impression I got was that at the same time, Kevin also does what he always does and tries to push Joshua away. Kevin tells Joshua that he did nothing to stop Estelle’s abduction, and he also tells him that him tagging along with the party was only to get close to Weissman, nothing more. He was trying to push Joshua away, but he wouldn’t go.

That scene was probably one of my favorites in the game for that reason.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I think my favorite thing to nitpick about that door is Kurdalegon Alloy, and how it sounds like they had to create the stuff for their Gospel replicas.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

The thing I've always found notable about Bleublanc's door is how it says Con Artist X is from a country in the south. While this might be reaching, I've always thought it's the same country Schera is from since I remember some dialogue in SC that mentioned she's from a southern country.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Considering everyones reactions, I like to think they are as strong as they actually are.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I think we have some more details , but I don't think I should mention them in this thread.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

When I played the biggest hint that Kilika was coming up in Anelace's part was getting a weapon for Zin from a chest.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Group One: Josette and Estelle
Group Two: Renne and Estelle
Group Three: Renne and Estelle

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Those questions about the max levels really bug me, since I know that it's wrong for at least FC and 3rd.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Ohtsam posted:

So if phantasma is roughly the size of zemuria, I wonder if that's an indication that at one point the auraole had a continent wide scale with its power at some point.

Maybe it might've some point, but definitely not during the time of the Liberl Ark since there was a limit to how far the Orbal Shutdown effect could reach. Not that I remember how big the range was other than it affected the city of Parm in Erebonia, which is the city closest to Liberl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

I guess I was assuming that each arc in the Trails series would focus on one country and the society's attempt to claim the Sept-Terrion in that arc. And if any place is going to have multiple Sept-Terrions, my bet would be the country where the main church of Aidios is located (Was that Remiferia? I don't remember).

I think it's Artoria or something like that, though Remiferia is where the Gacha game takes place.

• Locked thread