Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Do all these dungeon features like the ingredients tree, the shattering of your initial quartz, the shopping zone, etc. have any actual explanation? I understand if you can't answer this question without spoilers yet, but so far it feels like this place is 90% cheap gameplay contrivance and I can understand why I see so much criticism of the shift in game structure between this and earlier entries in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I hope Erika eventually gets less cartoonishly one-sided, or at least drops out of the spotlight soon. This is tooth-grinding to read.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

vdate posted:

I'll admit, I did forget about that. It'd be an interesting twist if nope, Ries was actually the main character, but I don't think the narrative's been set up for it.

If she turned out to be they'd have a huge hole to dig themselves out of at this point because so far her backstory seems to be infinitely less interesting than Kevin's, and this game seems to be 99% backstory.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Junpei posted:

Wait... the Pater-Mater Star Door mentions DNA in it... either I forgot or they never said it, but are archaisms robots, organisms, or cyborgs? Or all of the above? Or do they vary based on what type they are?

A good rule of thumb; whenever you see DNA mentioned in a video game, just mentally substitute it with "magic".

• Locked thread