Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Oh wow, this... Is certainly one way to find out that 3rd is out already. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out, to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Omobono posted:

Is it just me, or does masked man look a LOT like Loewe?
Because, even if I'm fairly confident in saying he's not actually a revived Loewe, either way it isn't a good thing at all.

I'm playing through right now and assuming that's going to be one of the big "reveals" towards the end.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Really Pants posted:

we can neither confirm nor deny the existence of "Orbal Gears"

Orbal Gear?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, and it's a crapshoot if you'll be able to buy or find a weapon for them within the next section of dungeon after you acquire them.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

It's a shame Josette is still so awful even now, considering the potential of her crafts.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Omobono posted:

That's more on earth wall being so broken it has transcended into the platonic ideal for brokenness.
As for the second, anything involving Joshua or Estelle is a safe bet (I assume E & J are in this game too).

Yeah, the problem with Josette is that the one thing she could maybe be good at (buffing/debuffing), almost any other spellcaster can innately do it just as well thanks to their orbment lines in addition to pumping out damage.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

To be fair, for all the Church/Kevin knew, Ouroboros may have had some way of bringing Weissman back from the dead if they had used more conventional methods to kill him.

Granted, it could very well have also been Kevin showing a sick sense of humor.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, isn't it outright said that the only reason the events of the first game even got to the point that they did was because Weissman baited him out of the country for a while?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I just hate that you absolutely have to bring Josette along. Pretty much the only thing she's good for is being one more potential target for enemies to go after... and even that's almost outweighed by her support ability.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, because finding out the friendly traveling priest is actually a stone-cold killer is... Probably not gonna go well.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

You know no one better than yourself.

Cassius may be the only one who knows the Grandmaster's identity.

Ergo...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Campanella knows.

Campanella knows the Grandmaster.

Cassius has a name fairly similar to Campanella.

We've never seen the two in the same room.

Ergo, Campanella is Cassius is the Grandmaster.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, granted, the very first time he shows up, he gives Estelle a shoulder to cry on when Joshua's disappearance finally hits her, so it's not like he's unwilling to help them when they're down... even if he was probably already starting to figure out how to use her to get to Weissman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Lynkericious posted:

My personal theory is he's Campanella's pet project to see if he can't make a complete and hilarious gently caress up a viable threat, for funsies.

My backup theory is that Aidos granted him divine protection so there's always comic relief.

Alternatively, Campanella wants to see how durable even the absolute weakest link of the enhanced jaegers is.

• Locked thread