Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Well, that's a tragic backstory and a half. If that's not depressing, I don't know what is.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Erpy posted:

This door was also turned into a Drama CD later which revealed the fact that Ouroboros' Grandmaster is female and fueled all the more speculation as to her identity.

Let me guess, some of the speculation is that the grandmaster is Goddess Aidios herself. Unsure if that would be a good or bad twist if true.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Yep.

I'd say a bad twist, because if the Grandmaster is Aidios, why does she need the treasures that she bestowed on humanity?

I dunno, she's decided that she wants to make absolutely sure they can never fall into human hands again after seeing how humans hosed up with them? Confiscating them basically. And yes, I realise that "let human hands get ahold of these sealed away artifacts so they can be never fall into human hands" sounds kinda dumb, but it wouldn't be the first time something dumb sounding was a plot point in fiction. Perhaps the logic goes "yes, removing these artifacts from the world requires that humans get ahold of them for a short while, but after the brief period of turmoil the artifact is removed and is never again a potential risk, whereas if it is left sealed it is possible some clever humans could find them and use them to cause havoc unimpeded. This way they are taken into my care." Or something like that anyway.

Anyway that's all if the grandmaster is Aidios, which would seem cliched somehow, yet I feel we could trust Falcom to pull it off in a good way.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Aidios being the Grandmaster requires the logical leap of "Aidios decided to gather the Sept-Terrions, but needs a huge shadowy organization instead of using her goddess powers because...???"

I know, I was merely explaining what I think the thought process behind the possibility of such speculation might be. And let's be honest, Falcom would probably think of that question and have it answered if she was.

I don't think Aidios is the Grandmaster, but I wouldn't be that surprised if she was, and I kinda hope she is, just to see how Falcom tries to pull it off.

StrifeHira posted:

Nah, Aidios is clearly Dorothy.

But you see, Dorothy is the Grandmaster, and therefore since Aidios is Dorothy, Aidios is the grandmaster. Chekmate!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Erpy posted:

Who said it'd be tossed aside? If the Grandmaster turns out to be Aidios, it'd be kinda interesting seeing that the organisation under her command is the Society and not the Church.

I would personally find it fascinating if the church ended up becoming disillusioned with their own god upon seeing that the god is not the benevolent being they thought it was, but stick to their principles of helping the needy and what not. Basically: "okay, it turns out the god we worshiped is kind of a dick/bitch/insert derogatory word of choice here, but that doesn't mean we should stop doing good works. Taking in orphans and supporting those in need are still good things we can continue to dedicate our lives too, we'll just have to do it without offering thanks to the goddess".

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I think there are a good deal less than 20 Dominions.

More than 10 though. What with Kevin being the 12th and all.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Poor Gilbert, he tried so hard to pull some last minute character development... only for it to prove futile, for he is doomed to be a butt monkey. And for once, that's to the detriment rather than benefit of our party.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Glazius posted:

And, uh... how are they going to get down from there?

Celeste?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
And Anelace had to ruin it by calling Agate Tita's boy toy. I know she's joking but UGGGHHH.

• Locked thread