Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
If I recall correctly, it's somewhat implied that it was Kevin who requested the use of the salt bolt and Ein was the one who approved its use. If you talk to the folks at Grancel cathedral during the Orbal Shutdown Phenomenon, you learn that Kevin and the Archbishop had a long talk earlier and came to an understanding about something and later on, a very tightly wrapped package arrives at the cathedral for Kevin's use.

It doesn't really elaborate on Kevin's reasoning. It could be that Kevin had enough interaction with Ouroboros as part of Estelle's group to realize that Weissmann and the society weren't messing around and use of the big guns was in order. Or it could be Kevin simply being a spiteful bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Really Pants posted:

Kevin was only four or so when Weissmann was excommunicated. He hadn't even met the Argents yet.

If unused art from the Falcnvrt asset rip is anything to go by, Weissmann and Rufina were originally supposed to know each other. That doesn't fit the timeline in the finished game, though.

Never trust a man with tiny hands.

Actually, Kevin was around 14 when Weissmann was excommunicated. It happened in 1195, which was 7 years before the start of FC. If you take him to the Loewe battle in SC, Kevin says Rufina died 4 years ago. Depending on how long Rufina had been a member of the Church, it WOULD be possible for her to have at least met Weissmann before he was kicked out.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
In a universe where an ordinary janitor can get shot and still only look pale "from exhaustion", you don't wanna take any chances, especially with a guy who already teleported away when he felt cornered moments earlier and who's backed by a group who has access to Divergent Laws objects. By the time Weissmann realized what was happening, it was already too late for him to flee or do anything aside from "standing still and dying".

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

This was the first time Kloe wasn't a near mainstay in my party. A ton of bosses won't hesitate to interrupt your casting, so healing is honestly best left to Tita and Kevin.

Even in the former games, Kloe's task wasn't healing in the first place, it was posing as a healer while nuking stuff 'til it glows like an orbal lamp while leaving the heals to folks with a lesser ATS stat.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I never get tired of the sight of Estelle and Josette teaming up to bully Joshua into submission. :allears:

It's a neat little touch to have Dunan and Ambassador Crainagh meet and get on friendly terms in this scene, seeing that (very minor Cold Steel 1 spoiler) the Imperial Chronicle 2 years later mentions that Dunan has become Liberl's ambassador in Erebonia, just like Crainagh is the Empire's ambassador in Liberl.

It's a shame Ries wasn't added to the cast yet by the time of this scene. I imagine she would have joined in with Estelle's and Josette's eating contest just for the hell of it. She'd probably have walked away with Josette's goggles and Estelle's hair clips afterwards. Shame on Falcom for not creating a dialogue portrait of Estelle wearing Josette's goggles, btw.

I liked how the scene played out between Kloe and Joshua. Kloe knows she has no chance and she doesn't even WANT him to say yes because of Estelle, but she still needs some closure, so she delivers a confession that's doomed before it begins. Joshua does the right thing and stamps out all false hope for Kloe, but he's obviously having difficulty rejecting her and Kloe gets revenge by playfully toying with him for her own amusement afterwards. It's also a nice moment for Kloe who shows that she's selges ahead of Josette at this point and a nice resolution for harem-like shenanigans. Scenes like these are kinda why I'm not overly fond of Cold Steel's everybody-can-love-Rean approach, even though I doubt Falcom's gonna change their bonding mechanics in later arcs.

One thing that was a bit disappointing about SC was how quickly and abruptly it ended after the final boss was defeated. In FC, you got to run around Grancel and talk to practically everybody with a dialogue portrait. In SC, you escape the crumbling Liber Ark and the credits roll almost immediately. I had kinda been hoping for a celebration afterwards, so this door filled a void that was definitely there after finishing SC.

Also, "fishermen being splashed with water" sounded sillier than it was probably meant to be, though Joshua is one of the few people I can imagine delivering that line with a completely straight face.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 19, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Given how Cassius is said to "understand the true nature of all things", I imagine that as a game protagonist, he'd be a bigger Gary Stu than people were accusing Joshua of being. :haw:

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Regalingualius posted:

I mean, isn't it outright said that the only reason the events of the first game even got to the point that they did was because Weissman baited him out of the country for a while?

Yeah, though frankly that one was rather believable without any handwaving. Since Cassius is a former army colonel who's worshipped by many of the army's veterans and who still has tons of contacts within the Royal Army, it goes without saying he would have been able to crack the case open a lot easier and faster than Estelle and Joshua could, even without his S-ranked fighting skills and Sun Tzu-like planning abilities.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Campanella got that job, if I recall.

Yeah, he and Supermaid.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Go ahead with your suggested team. I love how the game blatantly admits Weissmann is such a huge ham he couldn't possibly be the Lord of Phantasma because the mask would prevent him from stuffing the scenery into his mouth at a fast enough rate. :)

Erpy fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 20, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Well, that and Defense Down, which actually matters at this point since not a lot of bosses resist it yet.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Because the biggest part of your group consists of law-abiding citizens, including some bracers, who don't like the idea of covert assassinations to deal with even scum like Weissmann.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Yeah, I occasionally get broken images too.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Where does her hair go? There's no way it all fits in that itty bitty hat

To be honest, the same is true for Tita.

Actually, the hair's probably a wig, just like Kloe used from time to time. She doesn't wear the hat while in her nun disguise and her hair's still the same military cut as usual.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
No, I don't think the weapons are brought up again after this. They're just stuff to equip and eventually sell.

Neither the Golden and Silver Road end automatically when you defeat the boss, you have to manually walk through the exit to switch to the other team, which gives you the opportunity to unequip stuff. That means that, as long as you have enough hand-me-down stuff on your characters to survive the scripted battle at the start of each path, you can actually finish this dungeon with only one team's worth of optimal equipment and quartz.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
They're never brought up again, but you can work out their significance in retrospect once you're made aware of a certain plot point.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
With Estelle still sealed somewhere in here, it's only natural someone else gets to wield the almighty Bright slap and Ries is just the one to do it.

I do love the scene between Kevin and Joshua. It really makes you see Kevin's presence in SC in a whole different light. It's also kinda unsettling how easily Kevin slips into the role he's been playing throughout SC. No wonder Ries was freaked out over it.

If you brought Kevin to the Loewe battle in SC, it all but confirms that he's the person Rufina faced during that Ouroboros mission of hers that gets mentioned here. Given how deadly he was, Rufina must have been quite the warrior herself.

Cryohazard posted:

I don't know what I expected from Star Door 15, but it definitely wasn't what I got. :smith:

It was actually already heavily aluded to during the scene on top of the tower in SC. All it really did was make the subtext text. Very, very disturbing text.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I also like how Joshua responds. Instead of giving Kevin a wary glare, he simply tells him his motives don't matter, he's still extremely grateful for the results. Joshua had a very guarded streak about him that verged on the paranoid back in FC. FC Joshua wouldn't have responded to Kevin the way he did, but it seems like Estelle's been rubbing off on him since they got back together and his reaction here is very much something she'd say. It's actually kind of cool to see.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I do kinda wonder how Joshua was able to find out that Kevin was a Dominion during SC, seeing that it's something Weissmann didn't catch onto until he had a piece of Salt Pale stuck in his rump and Joshua spent most of the time in SC living off the grid together with the Capuas, who I imagine weren't much help in deducing the identities of the Septian Church's top dogs.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
No, I think it's suggesting Joshua knew Father Onion was hanging out with Estelle during the early parts of SC and found out about his real deal then. When all of them meet again in Grancel Castle after Estelle's escape from the Glorious, you get this conversation:

quote:

Ahaha...Sorry for all the fuss.
Young Man's Voice: Ya dang well better be!

I gotta tell ya, Estelle, when you got snatched up I just about flipped out in every direction I could.
Seriously, don't make me worry like that next time, okay?
Yeah...Sorry about that.
So, then! THIS must be...
Yes, I'm Joshua Astray. A pleasure to meet you, Father Graham.
Urk. Even more handsome than I'd expected.
And, wait, you know me?
I heard about you once or twice while keeping an ear open for what Estelle was doing. I heard how you helped Estelle when she was in need several times.
Thank you. I'm grateful for your help.

There wasn't much of a point for Joshua into looking into Kevin after he rejoined the team, since he'd be around himself. Whatever research he did must have been before that point and this conversation is probably Joshua's way of saying "yes, I did a background check on you, number 5".

Cassius knew, of course, which was probably why he gave Joshua that letter urging him to approach Kevin for help in destroying the stigma Weissmann used to control him. Shattering a thing like that isn't something you'd ask your average neighbourhood pastor, so Cassius most likely knew Kevin was more than a Grallsritter greenhorn.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
This Memory Door practically spells out what the upcoming Calvard Arc is going to be about; a bunch of newbies in the independent Rocksmith Agency with Kilika acting as Da Chief, assigning bracer-like tasks to your group, possibly training them in combat and loving with Zin's head whenever she has the opportunity.

I really like the dynamic between Zin and Kilika. The fact that Kilika says Elmo reminds her of "our hometown" makes me wonder if she already knew Zin before he joined the Taito school.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Not to mention her question "Why couldn't you ever see me as myself?" to Walter on top of Carnelia Tower.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

The Doomhammer posted:

Estelle: drat IT DAD!

Joshua: I actually knew this already.

By that time, it might be:

Estelle: drat IT DAD!

Joshua: I actually knew this already.

Renne: Yeah, me too. Are you gonna explain it to her or should I?

Estelle: :smugjones:

Erpy fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 25, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
An interesting side question: Did Campanella know? He knew ABOUT Kevin, his number, his title and his rumored coldness even though they never met face to face before. As he said: it was his job to see more than others and to observe and only that. It's possible he merely heard rumors about Kevin and didn't associate him with being the Heretic Hunter until Kevin nailed Weissmann with a salt bolt. It's equally possible he already connected the dots, knew that there was a Dominion coming for Weissmann and instead of warning him, decided to start practicing his dramatic shattering fingersnapping skillz instead. :)

Erpy fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jun 25, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
The Phantasma copy of Mister Tiddles should have been an optional superboss.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
For no specific reason whatsoever, Josette is always willing to lend an ear and a shoulder to females who are frustrated with the guys in their life.

Tita, of course, needs to be bought a clue.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Txn posted:

Actually she has one, two in fact, her brothers.

I was being slightly sarcastic when I said "for no reason whatsoever". In addition to her two brothers, there's also Joshua. :)

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

It's really kinda neat seeing Josette bond with a few people on the team. She's been around since this whole thing started (and is arguably the catalyst that starts Estelle's journey), but almost all her interactions are with Estelle and Joshua (and Schera, to a much lesser extent), plus her brothers. And for each of those, she's very one-note. She displays a lot of different facets here.

For someone who claims not to care about heroics or team spirit and just wants to get out of there, Josette's surprisingly thoughtful. And it is nice to see her interact with others on the team.

I still kinda wonder how Estelle and Josette would have gotten along if Estelle and Joshua hadn't delivered that septium crystal during FC's prologue while Josette was visiting. The heist might still have been foiled, but Estelle wouldn't have tried to insta-BFF Josette at the mayor's house, which means Josette wouldn't have mocked Estelle about it while she was listening in and their conflict would been a lot less personal. Or maybe the fact that Estelle and Josette or so similar in their tomboyish characteristics would have kicked off their childish little rivalry regardless of how they got to know each other.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

EagerSleeper posted:

This is a pretty plane. Hopefully cool things go down here.

I wonder what a Stigma is...

It was briefly brought up in SC. Weissmann used one to control Joshua until Joshua shattered it with Kevin's help.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Olivier's secret S-Break is "Get the Party Started". It doubles all his stats and gives everybody (ally and enemy) party hats

It also inflicts the Rage status ailment on Mueller despite that usually being an enemy-only ailment. Until it wears off, Mueller can only attack Olivier.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
The jaegers and creepy sheep are also vulnerable to confusion, which quickly becomes hilarious if you start spamming Chaos Brand on them. Gilbert and his team initially gave me some trouble since I wasn't prepared for getting spammed by blinding attacks that were also AOE. Once you buffed and spread out, though, they're not too threatening.

The Physical quartz is really useful, though it occasionally backfires if opponents use attacks that aren't arts yet still count as magic, such as flamethrower attacks, causing your physical-user to nearly get one-shotted.

After winning the first time, you can reenter the door at any time without needing Zin in your party. You won't get another Physical quartz if you win, but Gilbert's G-Apache still drops additional Fool's Emblems every time you win and an accessory that boosts your speed stat by 25 is nothing to scoff at.

The announcer's line changes depending on who's in the first party slot when you enter the door and even has a special line for one particular combination later on.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

There's one more where I seem to recall you needing a second item to get to the second part of the story. Unless that's what you already said, you double-checked it, and it was wrong so you edited it out. :v:

If I recall correctly, the only door other than the arena one you visit more than once is Tita's door, which requires another party member but that one's a Moon Door rather than a Sun Door.

Of all the Sun Doors, only the Arena one isn't completely beatable the first time you go there since you need additional "invitations" to enter the higher challenges as well as additional levels, equipment and quartz in order to avoid getting completely clowned by the battles inside. All the other Sun Doors involve mini-games that are unrelated to your in-game stats and gear, so you can tackle them right away.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Really Pants posted:

Moon Door 3 is the longest door of them all, but I think it should have been a Star Door. It's like five times as long as it needed to be. You want to know what the payoff is?

Kloe knows Lechter.

This guy.

That's it, that's the take-away. If you don't feel like reading this whole door, that's what you need to know.

Now strap yourselves in for some EXTREME HIGH SCHOOL NAVEL-GAZING.

I guess you didn't like this one, huh?

While I do agree that it drags a bit at times (especially if you talk to all the NPCs on campus, whose lines change like 4 to 5 times throughout the door), I did feel I got some valuable experiences from this door.

- Anton and Ricky attended Jenis and Anton was even in Kloe's class. It's kind of a shame she doesn't have suitable dialogue if you take her along to the drinking duel between Anton and Aina. You'd think she'd recognize a classmate.

- It's perfectly possible for Leo and Lucy to appear in later games at some point. One of the NPCs mentions Lucy's a transfer student from Remiferia. In case the main series' plot makes it there, it wouldn't be surprising to have her pop up again.

- After seeing Hans continuously (jokingly) hitting on Joshua, I found it kinda funny to see him act like a love-sick puppy around Lucy, even getting into fights with NPCs over her.

- Seeing how she met and slowly warmed up to Jill was kinda :3: It was also nice to see Jill take a break the "evil genius" schtick and display a more vulnerable side.

- I do feel this door made me appreciate Kloe more. Yes, character development in reverse does feel kinda jarring at times, but FC and SC gave plenty of hints that Kloe's life hadn't been particularly easy and she admits her time at Jenis helped her get her act together. Kloe lost her mom and dad before she even got to know them and the happiest time of her life was during the goddamn 100 Days War when for the first time she found a place she truly felt she belonged. The fact that she didn't have any friends before Jill and Hans came along kinda showed she lived a rather isolated life at Grancel Castle. So as wangsty as Kloe is during this door, it's not EXACTLY a surprise given what we already know about her. It's kinda funny because "goody-two-shoes" is actually how a lot of people always described Kloe, so seeing it turned on its head in this door is interesting.

- It introduces Lechter. This is his first appearance in the series, players didn't know him yet, so it was worth for him getting a good deal of screentime. I feel the lengths this door goes to to show the player his antics, personality and flashes of insight results in a payoff when he makes his reappearance later that wouldn't have been there if this door hadn't paid so much attention to him.

I also laughed when Lechter dropped that panty shot line and then casually informed Kloe where her escape route was headed. Kloe struggling to not give him the satisfaction of a flustered response really sold the scene.

One thing that puzzled me is the fact Maybelle isn't seen on campus. Kloe is supposed to know her from her time at Jenis, but Maybelle graduated before the events of FC. So either this was an oversight on Falcom's behalf or Maybelle was attending, but was simply playing hooky. Lila did say her lady-like ways were relatively recent.

nrook posted:

When I saw this door for the first time, I saw Lechter as a foil to Kevin. Like Kevin, he's a comedian, and like Kevin he uses comedy to distance himself from other people. But Lechter is going around trying to help people and make their lives better on a very personal level. That's not something Kevin would do.

To be honest, it's kind of difficult to know with Kevin. While there's grounds to see a lot of his actions as suspicious, including sticking with Estelle in SC's pre-prologue (he probably sensed the memory block that Weissmann put in Estelle's mind and figured out who put it there) he does have times when he seems to genuinely try to help Estelle, like at the start of Chapter 6 when he approaches her at Valleria Lake and asks her what she's gonna do if she actually finds Joshua.

Some Numbers posted:

It also retcons the bit from FC where Kloe tells Estelle and Joshua that Jill came up with her seeecret name.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Actually I noticed it in SC when Kloe mentioned that only Jill, Hans and the Dean knew about her real identity.

I personally think they should have edited the villa scene in FC and change the person who came up with it from Jill to Julia. (Julia has called her that from time to time) For a series that's remarkably coherent, even minor plot holes like these stand out.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jun 28, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I love how Reina blatantly refers that "Missing Lady" sidequest in SC two years before it actually happens. Felicity is very much Zemuria's Marty McFly. This Moon Door also has Felicity introduce herself as Felicity Baeren, so if there's some noble in Cold Steel III with that last name, we'll know he or she's related to her.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
It feels really weird to go back to the times when Gilbert just seemed like Lila's male counterpart and not the punchable screw-up we've gotten to know over the last 1.5 games.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Campanella made Gilbert immortal, just so he wouldn't have to hold back using him as a punching bag.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
To be honest, holding down the cancel button speeds up things quite a bit.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
No, he wouldn't have been as memorable. He just would have started out as an overly cocky Ouroboros lackey with a weird voice who potentially gets beaten up by Estelle before getting clowned by Joshua. It's his role in FC that allows SC to set the tone for him before you even fight him by giving Estelle the opportunity to not remember who he is and then pile on the humiliation by reminding him that he screams like a little girl when injured.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
And so Liberl's biggest goofball joins the fray. I once heard that Anelace was initially intended to be just a SC temp like Kurt, but they promoted her to full-time playable party member in the 3rd in response to popular demand. Not hard to see why.

I'm still not sure what "Speeds up when cornered" is supposed to mean in Anelace's description on the party selection screen. Might be a translation oversight or something. Anyway, yeah, Anelace's a lot like Zin in that she's a purely physical scrapper who's horrible at arts but fairly good at hacking stuff up while making Kenshiro noises. Her stats are kinda underwhelming for a frontline fighter. Her HP is about the same as Scherazard's while her defense is about the same as Ries', meaning it's passable, but not great. Her strength is on the same level as Tita's. Her saving grace is her self-buff, which allow her to hit as hard as a Forte-buffed Mueller and some really good equipment options that raise her stats from okay to solid. She's still really fun to use and her crowd-gathering craft coupled with some arts or chain crafts can make mincemeat out of groups. Her whirlwind skill doesn't work on extremely large monsters like the giant boss at the end of the second plane, but her Fallen Leaves animation that kicks foes into the air doesn't discriminate on size, allowing Anelace to perform the Kiseki equivalent of supplexing a train, even if the AT delay effect doesn't work against everything.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I imagine if Anelace were to visit Reaves, she'd ignore Rean and just spend her time there glomping Towa all day long. :P

It's a nice change of pace to see Anelace not being a silly doofus for a change. This door also sets up a lot of lore that gets picked up in Cold Steel regarding the Eight Leaves school and its founder. What's also very neat is Anelace's description of Richard's Morning Moon form. What she says about how Richard's style is a defensive style synchronized to the opponent's breathing and geared towards striking the moment the opponent goes on the attack is actually very suitable for Morning Moon move that Rean has in the Cold Steel games, which is a move that makes him go into a defensive stance and dodge then counter enemy attacks. 10 points for Falcom for consistency.

And yeah, the Jinu is ludicrously powerful.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

Lugran is the best Bracer Guild steward. :allears:

Is Lugran the name that triggers Olivier's PTSD and causes him to retreat into a corner and adopt the fetal position in an attempt to get the flashbacks out of his mind? No? Then he can't be the best Bracer Guild steward.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 3, 2017

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Gilbert is lucky Ries is too busy poo poo-talking about Kevin back in Hermit's Garden instead of being in the active party, because she totally would have demanded he turn over half his food supplies in return for his freedom.

Dopple Scherazard is kind of a unique enemy in the sense that she can use Schera's Heaven's Kiss craft, it being the only instance in the Sky games where an enemy can use the AT Advantage condition against you.

And yeah, Fox Tail has an insanely low cooldown. Unfortunately, "normal physical damage" isn't spectacular coming from an arts user whose strength-stat is about on par with Josette's and only above Kloe's and Olivier's. What IS useful about Fox Tail's low cooldown is that you can use it to get maximum use out of Heaven's Kiss. If you're ever unhappy with Schera's position in the turn order (because she goes before the rest of the party and thus AT Advantage would be wasted), you can use Fox Tail to take small steps forward in the turn order until everybody else's turn has passed and then Heaven's Kiss to let the entire team immediately go again.

I'm still kinda puzzled why Falcom ended up creating an entirely new set of dialogue portraits for Schera while Olivier, who also changed his suit and hairdo, simply got slightly modified versions of his FC and SC expressions. Not that those could get any better. It's just weird to see Schera with a whole new set of facial features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I could see people feeling that Schera's use was limited in FC due to the fact she joined very early in the game and left before you had good quartz for arts use, savvy players saved their slot activations for Estelle and Joshua, she didn't get Heaven's Kiss until she rejoined in Chapter 4 and wind was meh as an element late in the game. She was a lot better in SC though.

Unlike Joshua, Schera's orbment received the extra slot at the end of her long line, now making her a better caster than him with more EP to boot. Having Heaven's Kiss from the get-go was a definite plus and the upgraded range on her Sylphen Whip was a minor but welcome addition. The best thing was that wind was a much better element in SC, with multi-heals now requiring wind points, as do spells like La Forte and White Gehenna and Scent now now having better elemental points. She may not be a pure magic nuke like Kloe, but she's more durable, her orbment's more flexible and she can still wear Ats-boosting female-only equipment unlike Olivier. Schera's main drawback was that she came as an alternative to an early balanced party, Wild Rage cheese and sexual harassment in the first three chapters, which I imagine worked against her. But calling her the least useful character in a game where Josette is part of the roster is just wrong. :cheeky:

Erpy fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 3, 2017

• Locked thread