Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Really Pants posted:

That's just hurtful, man.

Luckily Zemuria is a fairly idealistic world, so there's no such thing as Minions or Facebook.

You mean they don't have them NOW. Crossbell already has proto-Internet at the time of the 3rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
While Ries can be used as a physical attacker at the start of the game, her midgame and endgame role is solidly that of a caster's. Her orbment is fairly decent and she gets far more ATS from her weapons than any other character, while her melee crafts are pretty boring in terms of damage.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Erpy posted:

There's no real need to "cheat" in order to get an Info quartz. It's literally in the first chest you run into and you're not fighting any unique monsters before that point, so this is the first Trails in the Sky game where you can potentially have a full monster book on your first playthrough. (though a bug still screws up one or two later entries)

It depends on what you mean by full anyways. You can record all the monsters sure, but if you want to light up all their drops...

:suicide:

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Junpei posted:

Question: What elemental locks are on Ries's Orbment?

5-3; Mirage on center.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

XainZero posted:

Winning 300 battles without running is pretty easy except for 1 specific part that I felt was designed specifically to ruin your chances of getting that item.

Considering that most of the game precedes the "win 300 battles" quartzs, I think that's just more of "let's put this thing in without actually considering how it will work out" syndrome that originally-added-by-PSP-version features have.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

The Doomhammer posted:

I wonder why nobody else ever thinks to attack twice during a chain craft.

You literally have two blades Joshua, geez.

(He does slash twice; it just come up as a single number that does normal damage so it's only good for sepith bonus turns)

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Mueller...I probably should have put him in my party here but I assumed you had to use Julia and I wasn't quite ready to give up Tita. He can really wreck some face. I never really used Julia past this point, actually. She brings nothing to the table that other people don't bring better.

Double damage from chain

Put Julia and Mueller on the team together and magic happens. Schera is a good support too because chain cause a lot of delay.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

You know, I never gave Josette a fair shot. In either game. Nothing I could see about her impressed me. Maybe I'll see her differently here. She was my preferred reserve member, though.

She sucks. She can make herself useful by casting Walls, but that's more of a role that almost anyone can choose to go into while she's basically stuck in.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
I'm not sure if there's a wiki that lists them, but there's a Chinese forum that has a thread which does. It's pretty difficult to find all of them because the chest texts change depending on what "period of the day" it is at the moment.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Epsilon Moonshade posted:

Why not give details of the bad business deal?

Can't show that in this game; that's in Azure

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Joshua posted:

We're over in Crossbell at the moment...or were, with the situation as it is now.

What.

Shouldn't they be there one and half years later

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Julia and Mueller work best in the same team to double down on chain craft damage.

I like putting Kloe, Joshua and Josette on Ries's side. My strategy with the boss fight of Silver Road involves having Ries pull away the adds with Dark Matter Ex, and Kloe and Joshua sniping the opposition with arts and the occasional Flicker. Josette's S-craft is actually handy in the opening moments, then she can feed items to Ries because Dark Matter Ex is goddamn expensive at this point of the game. Julia and Tita have decent enough base ATS and STR that they can do decent work on the Golden Road side as well. If you want a more S-craft centric strategy, Kloe and Tita are better on the golden road side because they don't hit the entire field with their S-craft.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Fox Tail's value isn't in stealing; it's THE fastest craft in the game (recovering six times faster than normal attacks) and does normal physical damage. If you pump up Schera's STR and give her some means to recover CP she can do incredibly damage by spamming it over and over.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
WAIT WHAT NIELSEN IS IN THIS GAME

holy crap I never noticed

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
He's a somewhat important (and very suspicious) NPC who showed up in Ao.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
I played the door on hard. It was complete bullshit. I actually had to grind a few levels just so I can survive the stuff in the cave consistently (the Blade Fang can OHKO Deen's Olivier-level-frail rear end off the bat) and I pretty much just did not fight anything outside because they were WAAAY too much trouble.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
If you have problems with people "pushing" this crush, then interpret it as everyone not so much doing it to push the crush as to simply push Agate's button to be entertained.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Regarding Tita's Orbal Gear, the most remarkable thing about it is that all of her equipment stat numbers are counted as raw numbers in Orbal Gear form. This means buffs will work off them (they normally don't work off equipment numbers, only from innate stats + quartz). This also means that attack buffs have something like double the amount of effect on Orbal Gear than other characters, and she hits incredibly ****ing hard with them. (Defense buffs also have a far bigger effect on her, but defense buffs suck rear end regardless so it's not much to note about.) That's also the reason why any non-number effects from equipment and quartz are lost; Orbal Gear Tita is effectively a new entity as far as the game is concerned, with base stats basing off Tita's original stats.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
I've never had trouble with this door beyond the very first time I played this game back in like 2011 either. Maybe it's because fishing for Rainbow Trouts in SC for sepith kind of conditioned me to the timing. As long as you don't miss your reels and have a general guideline on what bait to use, the AI is usually horrible enough that even with the luck factor the allowance is really huge, even with a nigh-guaranteed big catch at the end. Which is more than what can be said for the other Sun Door.

RegalStar fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 16, 2017

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Erpy posted:

Apparantly, whenever Estelle's struggling to reel in her catch, you're supposed to continue tapping the accept button to prevent the fish from escaping. At no point does the game tell you that.

I tried it and although I can't say for sure, it doesn't seem to work.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Fox Tail and Plunder can never grab the traveler weapons from Grimoire Dopplers because they always go for... a specific slot. Which for the dopplers is not the slot where traveler weapons are.

(You can grab them off specific bosses with those moves though, generally after the point where they're already obsolete)

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Oh hay, proto-Internet. I remember when I was playing the series for the first time (which was before Zero came out in China), I was wondering what's the deal with this door, until I found out that Orbal Network would be an important piece of setting for the crossbell games. Although it never ended up being really plot-relevant in any way.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Outside of Josette's shooting gallery, none of the other sun doors have much significance to them anyways, so yeah for the most part this door just... exists.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
What I meant is plot and setting relevance. Estelle fishing doesn't really reveal anything that we don't already know, and Sun Door #3 is very obviously "this is just here for fun". So I believe this door is mostly just there for a pair of cards related minigames, rather than something that's going to be important in the series as a whole.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
The tree's supposed to have monster ingredients stocked as of this point (as one of the featured made by the PSP version). As you can see, however, they... weren't.

Looking forward to Star Door #8. I really loved how it ended.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

NotASmartMan posted:

Anyone know if partial resistance was a thing in Sky games like they were in Cold Steel?

Anyway, Agate and Estelle for the first. Because having Renne for the second part is too mage heavy for my liking, I'm going to say Julia and Mueller. I'd like to think he'd like to test himself against mysterious glasses man.

Partial resistance is something introduced in CS. The Sky games don't have them, nor do the Crossbell duology.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

havenwaters posted:

Somehow it ends up in Cold Steel 3 instead. Also kinda sad that there's no chest messages in Cold Steel 1.

Well, at least if we ever do get the crossbell games, they would be able to support chest messages.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
"Investigate one of the six gates that manipulate the flow of the iron river, then shall you obtain radiance."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Team 1: Kloe, Estelle, Anelace, Richard
Team 2: Olivier, Schera, Julia, Mueller
Team 3: Renne, Zin, Joshua, Josette
Team 4: Kevin, Ries, Tita, Agate

That was the setup I ran; the following is how I arrived to that setup:

-Kevin and Ries are obviously forced on the World Will team. Full screen non-elemental (read: physical) attack is really handy there so I took along Agate there. Also because World Will was the only enemy with an attack worth a drat, I put Tita there for her tankiness just in case something goes wrong.
-I wanted to split my Zemurian Ore weapons receivers across all four teams; in my game they were Richard, Kloe/Julia, Joshua and Tita. Since both Kloe and Julia can wield the same Zemurian Weapon I split them across two teams with Julia being in a "later" team since I want her to have it for the boss.
-I also had one copy of some traveler weapon that can be equipped by more than one character. Therefore I split all the character pairs who can equip the same weapon across different teams, with the character who I want the stronger weapon to be given to coming later.
-I split a strong spellcaster in each team to give Divine Eye to. Normally the four strongest spellcasters in the game are Kloe, Schera, Renne and Kevin, but since Schera has another duty I had Olivier take on that duty instead.
-Schera, Julia and Mueller are a fixed chain-focused setup that was set in stone. since I want Julia to take a weapon over Kloe and Josette to take a weapon over Olivier (she needs the +5 SPD more than Olivier does), they went to team 2. This also puts Kloe in team 1 and Josette in team 3.
-The other people were more or less thrown around randomly on a whim.

• Locked thread