Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I tried constantly tapping after about the 80th round of goddamn fishing and there was no noticeable difference? Maybe it has a small effect.

Did you guys end up using the fisherman's emblem a lot? It didn't seem useful to me but I constantly equipped it anyways because it took so long to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I had major problems with Erika until I realized the entire continent wants to pair Tita with Agate. This includes Tita's father and grandfather. At which point I started to sympathize with Erika more.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

It was probably power tools and metalworking that improved the most. Computing was just because these particular nerds liked information theory so much.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Pretty sure the fee to get in the door is just for thematic reasons, what with that town having a really big market.

Anyways for the next boss, I can't decide between Julia with Renne, or Julia with Richard

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Baby Dragon will probably be a playable character by the time we get to Trails in the Calvard Republic

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Is the third boss the one who got cured by Zin in First Chapter?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Joshua little smile, saying "I know all of that, and I don't care. I'm still grateful." Is an absolutely magical line. I don't think I've ever seen anything similar in a work of fiction. And it's a great sign of Estelle's charming power too.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I've heard rumors that in cs3, you'll play as the Crossbell team for a little bit?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Indeed, having Renne, a super genius who is slightly smarter than Joshua, who is also experienced with intense trauma coping mechanisms, must have been the perfect solution to get Pater Mater working.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Could Y and Z be other important people in the series?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Does Renne even wear the newest streggas? How smart can she really be?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Something I never tested, but is Joshua required for all of the boss fights?

If so, I vote #1 Estelle and josette, #2 Renne and Richard, #3 Renne and Estelle

If not, I change #2 to olivier and schera and zin.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Father Kevin isn't really close to any of the party members in SC, he specifically keeps his distance from all of them.

Fortunately, the party members have their own opinions and they want Kevin to be close to them. It happened early in 3rd between Kevin and Joshua, where Joshua says "too bad, I don't care what you think, I'm still grateful and you're still my friend forever"

So I figure it's the collective feelings of the 16 real people present that lead to Anelace, Richard, and Renne being included.

As for the vote, I took Kloe and Richard my first time, and Kloe had some cool things to say. So I'd gladly vote for Kloe and Renne

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Abyss: agreed that you should use the lowest lvl people. Although it grinding all characters an option in this lp?

After: Analace, Renne, Richard, Zin

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Obviously Richard is there for single target damage and Agate is there for his attack-all s-craft

And may Aidios bless us with super gladiator belts for everyone

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

When I first saw this door, my jaw dropped for the entire story. After Joshua and Kevin's backstories, I knew Renne's would be even worse. I figured Cross was a schizo personality right away, especially when he said he'd always protect Renne. And then :stare: there are a lot of false personalities protecting Renne's sanity.

It actually bothered me enough that I thought the game wouldn't actually be that dark, so maybe the other kids are real and Renne was being separated as a science experiment. So it was a fresh gut punch to see those personalities fall apart and verbally abuse the real Renne.

And then GODDAMN when those quotes from Estelle popped up. They had so much sincerity and weight when we got to see Estelle's journey in SC, but they're a thousand times more meaningful now that we see what Renne was going through too.

This was a horrendous event. And this was a good door.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

This door left me :aaaaa: and :catstare: and :ohdear: and :psyduck:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

It was also Celeste when she still had control of Phantasma. Remember she made all the doors.

It was also us because Campanella can definitely break the 4th wall, which he's proven.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I don't think the Grandmaster has any compunction about being a bad person. He or she runs an organization that created both the Black Fang and the Angel of Slaughter.

It seems the Grandmaster genuinely regretted the losses to their own organization. The Grandmaster and the other Anguis all act like they were sort of OK with Weissman, and definitely fond of Loewe.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

This got me thinking about how strong the Society is, compared to the church. The Gralsritter certainly seem to be on the same level as the enforcers, if Rufina really was as strong as Loewe. And having up to 20 Dominion sure seems like it could handle any Anguis.

And then I laughed at the idea of power levels in a series were every character is humble enough to explain why they actually lost that fight.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Sorry if I'm misremembering, but I thought there were 20 Stigma, and each Dominion position was reserved for a different Stigma. It's why Rufina is so strong but can't get Dominion rank, because she lacks any Stigma.

Of course there's no guarantee that the church gets to find or recruit all of the Stigma, so they must have considerably less than the maximum number. But at the least we know Weissman never found one that he could study, so he never had one as an ally.

As for teams, it's very hard to decide unless we can decide who goes with Kevin and Ries first, since that's obviously the most important. Would there be any clear benefits between Renne and Richard, Estelle and Joshua, or Estelle and Renne?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I had strongly considered voting for our new people, R&R, to join the main group, but screw it. I think this is the best way to have the final teams match the final fights.

Team Protagonists - Kevin, Ries, Estelle, and Joshua for the Worlds Will

Team Renne and Friends - Renne, Tita, Anelace, and Josette for the Golden Giant

Team Royals - Kloe, Julia, Olivier, and Muller for the Black Guardian

Team Cassius' Work Buddies - Agate, Schera, Zin, and Richard for Crimson Lizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

A delightful LP for what is currently my favorite game ever. I must have cried at least 3 times during the ending.

I really hope as many people as possible get to see your LP, and then try the game.

• Locked thread