Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Some Numbers posted:

I'm simply going to say that I guessed correctly, pretty early on.

After we get our answer in the LP, I want to hear how you arrived at the right one.

There's only one hint that I can think of (and hell, I might even be misremembering,) but the logical leap required means you have to take something and flip it entirely on its head from how it's usually interpreted. I might have to re-read the LP to refresh my mind on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Some Numbers posted:

It's a bit of a cheat, but throughout the game, the characters referred to the Lord of Phantasma as "they," which I interpreted to mean that the gender of the Lord was supposed to be a surprise. In addition, all the interactions with the party and either the Lord or the Schwarzritter implied that everything was about Kevin, which implied that the Lord was someone close to Kevin. From there, Rufina was a pretty easy guess; she's super important to both Kevin and Ries' backstories, the Lord being female would be a twist, etc.

Even despite expecting her reveal, this whole scene is great.

Heh. That's not even what I was thinking of, but I took that one at face value - the Lord of Phantasma has so much crap on that both the player and the characters couldn't even tell they were female, much less that it was actually Rufina. I also assume there's some voice changing going on, since otherwise it'd have been a dead giveaway.

I was thinking of Kevin's "this is my fault" stuff, but I don't think it really came up until before the reveal now that I'm re-reading it - usually, it's "I think this is my fault but it really isn't," whereas in this case it's "this is my fault in a very literal (though not under my control) sense."

Edit:

ultrafilter posted:

I guessed it a while back not based on any hints or clues, but because Rufina is the only character who it would make narrative sense for the Lord of Phantasma to be.

As in... the big bad should be someone we've already been introduced to?

Epsilon Moonshade fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 3, 2017

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

The headflick animation once they hit the ground is kind of adorable. I love all the little animations in these games. :allears:

havenwaters posted:

I was real glad that person showed up. They needed another beating.

As soon as I had the first heretic fight, I knew they were going to show up.

... why are we dancing around this? It's not like we don't know who it is. :v:

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Erpy posted:

Anyway, this door's probably the reason the :stare: , :stonk: and :stonklol: emoticons were invented. No other reactions do it justice.

Yeeeep. That was certainly a star door.

I don't think I can really add much to the analysis, but goddamn - no wonder she's so messed in the head.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

This star door actually got me down the rabbit hole of reading about the Anguis.

Protip: Don't do it if you haven't played later games. Lots of really interesting speculation, but LOTS of spoilers too.

Fortunately I'm not the sort to flip my poo poo about spoilers, and very seldom find that they ruin my enjoyment of the game.

Dorothy is the fifth Anguis.

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Knowing this series, there probably WAS someone in there with Campanella and thinking he was talking to us is a fakeout

Isn't fourth wall awareness one of Campanella's enforcer superpowers? :v:

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

I missed so many updates. :eyepop:

drat OSHA thread stealing my attention. :argh:

I loved the ending for the 3rd. It was nice seeing everyone off, and Mueller's comments especially made me interested in what would happen in CS (which didn't disappoint, mind you.)

One thing I noticed when reading through the fights - is Renne the only one who doesn't make angry eyebrows in her S-Break cutaway thing (whatever that's called?) Noticing that was actually kinda creepy, but also very in character - "I'm not angry, I'm enjoying killing you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

:cheers: on finishing a second Trails LP!

It was enjoyable seeing what someone else did differently from me, and of course, all the poo poo I missed.

• Locked thread