Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

A2) I'm back off board if this means I am unable to acquire a functional mining helmet I can wear anywhere in hilarious and occasionally useful fashion.

I too, immediately was worried about the mining helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Holy poo poo. I just realized I don't even remember where I got my mining helmet in TSW.

The mines on Soloman Island or some place in the Egypt city maybe?

Well I suppose that apart from a couple missions it's not going to be a big deal. Definitely a big deal in those Roman ruins beneath London though.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DancingShade posted:

Holy poo poo. I just realized I don't even remember where I got my mining helmet in TSW.

Well I suppose that apart from a couple missions it's not going to be a big deal. Definitely a big deal in those Roman ruins beneath London though.

I think it's from the awesome train mission. I want to say it came between the "guy in New England vanishes" issue and the "James Bond in Transylvania" issue.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Pretty sure I have two for some reason.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I thought it was from the mission in Blue Mountain where you had to avoid dudes in a mine while... planting explosives? What was it?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kessel posted:

I thought it was from the mission in Blue Mountain where you had to avoid dudes in a mine while... planting explosives? What was it?

I think it slowly got patched in. Originally keeping it was a bug I think?

Pryce
May 21, 2011
I know folks are so-so about the relaunch, but here's a video of the new Combat system, and I'm actually a bit excited to play (as someone who never got out of Blue Mountain, to be fair):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgMWQ1tAJ_g

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah the mining hat was from a sneaking mission in the mines, and the UI stuff makes sense if they only have one person working on it.
I think it's funny that they basically ripped off the Bright Wizard mechanic from Warhammer Online.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 2, 2017

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

quote:

Hey guys!

I’d like to take a moment to thank everyone for helping us test out Secret World Legends. We have come a long way since we started beta earlier this year and we would not be where we are without all the feedback and testing from you! So, huge thanks from us to you

On Monday, we will be will be migrating to the launch servers/database which requires us to wipe all existing characters. This will be the last character wipe before we launch Secret World Legends. This downtime may be substantially longer than most so check the forums for updates/announcements on the downtime. We will also be inviting a lot more players to the beta so you should see a lot of new people playing.

A new version will be patched out on Monday that includes Shambala, the “Aurum economy”, and a reduction in mob time-to-kill for mid to late solo content. All characters will receive a rather large amount of Aurum to test the various features/UIs that use it. There will be a few other fixes but we will post those on Monday.

Thanks again for all the hard work and enjoy the weekend!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Neat a character wipe and then I get unbanned

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Is there any word on what cosmetics will be transferred? I have a bunch of unused funny money that I want to spend on unicorn heads and such.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Nita posted:

Is there any word on what cosmetics will be transferred? I have a bunch of unused funny money that I want to spend on unicorn heads and such.

Post #2:

quote:

Q: What transfers from TSW?

A: All store cosmetics including those that came from bags. Veteran/End of Month rewards. Achievement related items DO NOT transfer. You have to earn them again. No confirmation on whether clothing from vendors transfers or not.

Also before anyone asks the dumb question that was asked so many times on the beta forums:

Nophex posted:

And to clear up some confusion, beta characters won't carry on to the live servers when we launch. You'll have to start over again when we officially release.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 3, 2017

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Completely missed that, thanks.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Cool, I will still have my retro 80s clothing.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Is that official or?

I'm going to be upset if I lose my Pale Horse.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Tallgeese posted:

Is that official or?

I'm going to be upset if I lose my Pale Horse.

We aren't sure about drops or purchases for pax yet. They've said in general that achievement related cosmetics won't transfer and people will have to get them again.

The Pale Horse is a weird one because it's a drop and from a bag and a temporary event. So who the gently caress knows.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Someone ask about my akab pet. I got that because they bugged the poo poo out of Christmas 2012 and I deserve to keep it

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Closed beta has been updated with the Launch patch (or pretty close to):

quote:

Along with the migration, we've also pushed out an update, which brings a few things of note:

* Shambala is now available! Players can queue for Shambala from the group finder starting at level 10.
* Lockboxes will now start dropping, and can be opened using a Cache Key.
* More items are now available for purchase using Aurum, including AP, SP, Cache Keys, and Fusion upgrade items! Each of these items are available for purchase from from their respective UIs.
* Reduced the fight duration for solo content in the mid and late areas of the game.

Lastly, we've given all accounts another round of 1000 Aurum for use on the Exchange, and for some of the new items available for purchase.

We look forward to hearing your feedback, and thank you all for your efforts as we near the launch of SWL!

Off to a great start:

Patron Bonuses are garbage:

Looks like faction missions are back in.

AP/SP Purchase:

Lots of UI changes. Every skill has a new icon.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 6, 2017

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
I dunno about garbage, the free lockbox key every day covers the cost of the patron status on its own if you play often enough to get most of them in the 30 days. Assuming they're $1 worth of aurum each and patron is $15 for 30 days like such things are in most games, you'd only need to play every other day for patron to be better value than buying keys outright.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Do the keys stack? Or do I get x per day and gently caress you if you want to bank them?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

General Maximus posted:

I dunno about garbage, the free lockbox key every day covers the cost of the patron status on its own if you play often enough to get most of them in the 30 days. Assuming they're $1 worth of aurum each and patron is $15 for 30 days like such things are in most games, you'd only need to play every other day for patron to be better value than buying keys outright.

Yeah, after spending some of the test aurum on keys, I agree that the free lockbox key is actually really good. You get 2 distillates that give you either 4k or 25k item xp. For reference, 4k item xp is 40 items. That's enough to get a green item from 1 to 20 or a blue item from 1 to 10.

Anything you get lucky enough to get after that is just gravy.

Len posted:

Do the keys stack? Or do I get x per day and gently caress you if you want to bank them?

Yes they stack but I don't know what the max is. I bought like 5 with the free aurum.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Faction missions are back in? Sweet.

Asked a friend to do a runthrough of missing quests outside of those, and it sounds like it's mainly just those really boring repeatable gather quests I ignored anyways. She couldn't find the laundry quest though, was that also removed? Near the fire station in Kingsmouth, where there's a phone on the ground and it ends with Geary telling you not to stick your nose in Illuminati business? Maybe I just described it poorly to her, or maybe she just wasn't high enough level to see it yet.

That quest was pretty banal, so if it's still there, I imagine most of the smaller story quests are as well.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
are they updating the graphics at all? My biggest gripe with the game was how stiff all the animations were.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Rookersh posted:

Faction missions are back in? Sweet.

Asked a friend to do a runthrough of missing quests outside of those, and it sounds like it's mainly just those really boring repeatable gather quests I ignored anyways. She couldn't find the laundry quest though, was that also removed? Near the fire station in Kingsmouth, where there's a phone on the ground and it ends with Geary telling you not to stick your nose in Illuminati business? Maybe I just described it poorly to her, or maybe she just wasn't high enough level to see it yet.

That quest was pretty banal, so if it's still there, I imagine most of the smaller story quests are as well.

Laundry quest is still in. So is squid. The only things that I haven't seen in this phase is the postal quest to deliver to Norma (the main story replaces this), the pirate one way out in the water, one of the quests on pyramid point (though it was so forgettable that I can't remember which). A few side quests have been moved (severed hard, trapped survivor, postal truck). There's probably a few other dumb sidequests that are so forgettable that they are better off gone.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

are they updating the graphics at all? My biggest gripe with the game was how stiff all the animations were.

Lots of animation updates, lots of changes to the ui (icons look professional and less like something they put together in 2 minutes on paint). The engine is the same but some updates were made to rending, shadows, etc. The animations still aren't amazing but they are significantly better in almost every case. There's still some floatiness to combat but it's better.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Do faces look less awful than they used to?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Empress Theonora posted:

I imagined my guy as a near-homeless old, bald dude, so I was never bothered by that kind of thing. :smuggo:

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Lawlicaust posted:

AP/SP Purchase:

So, someone has never built an F2P game before, I guess. The whole point of the bigger packages is to offer a bit of a discount so that you're incentivized to buy the biggest one with the best value. This is...not that.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Empress Theonora posted:

Worse because of less options. Beards are awful.

Pryce posted:

So, someone has never built an F2P game before, I guess. The whole point of the bigger packages is to offer a bit of a discount so that you're incentivized to buy the biggest one with the best value. This is...not that.

Well, I would imagine that the RMT discount comes from buying the Aurum (the gold bars) and not from the item transactions with it. All of the things you can buy with Aurum are priced like that where more does not equal less per unit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So I lose my free fun money stipend? Boo!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do the loving bugs still follow you across the continent?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The relaunch will be a success. They brought back the Mankini.

Launch outfit found:

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 7, 2017

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I have that bike in TSW. Does that mean it transfers? GOTY if so.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I got a beta code. lol doesn't this come out in 2 weeks?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Ossipago posted:

I have that bike in TSW. Does that mean it transfers? GOTY if so.

Not sure. I bought it with some of the free cash shop currency they gave us. If you bought it in TSW it probably transfers.

Mr Hootington posted:

I got a beta code. lol doesn't this come out in 2 weeks?

Yeah.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

Not sure. I bought it with some of the free cash shop currency they gave us. If you bought it in TSW it probably transfers.

Yeah.

What a joke. And the character probably gets wiped. I'll wait now.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Mr Hootington posted:

What a joke. And the character probably gets wiped. I'll wait now.

It definitely gets wiped. You can give the key away though, it's not linked to your email or anything.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I just got an invite too but I'll still download the client so I don't have to later.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Lawlicaust posted:

It definitely gets wiped. You can give the key away though, it's not linked to your email or anything.

Hell the email I signed up to the beta with got an invite code today. They give zero shits.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well, nice to know the animations are different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Len posted:

If it works like similar things in other games do, you can claim a key each day and they'll sit in a stack (Most games I've played that have them they stack to 100 or so?) in your inventory until you use them. But if you don't claim it on any given day, you don't get to then claim two the next day. The one you didn't claim is just gone, lost forever. Ultimately, it's mostly meant to keep you logging in each day.

On the other hand if Funcom decided to be different and do their own random thing, then who the hell knows.