Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
why is shiny samurott's shells rainbows

anyway, imma vote for shiny contrary snivy b/c gently caress protean greninja

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Dark-haired girl looks the most emo-Mary-Sueish so that's my vote.

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

Sunshine the blonde girl, and her sidekick, Dementia the Protean Froakie.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I do think there's no problem with the principle of changing shiny sprites, if only because half of the actual ones are barely even different colors. It's not even a gen 1 thing (though that does have prime examples like how I'm pretty sure Persian and Dewgong are completely unchanged), I remember getting a shiny Beartic and I don't think that one's any different.

And I mean if you're doing that, why not have fun and make Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles, I do genuinely like that one.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Throwing in a vote for Protean Froakie.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Hairball girl on the right. I want to see just how badly a mostly black sprite ends up blending in with the background.

Charmander starter, gotta oldskool this up.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Nonbinary blondie; don't care too much about the name so I'll jump on the Enoby bandwagon.

Totodile is the best starter, fight me.

I second a vote for Totodile (Sheer Force too)

Bydoless
Feb 25, 2017

Cooperate? Surrender the Forums you call "cooperate?"
NOTE: Right now the voting is set to end at 6:00 PM CDT on Tuesday, May 30, 2017, and votes beyond that point will not be counted.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
This looks amazing. :allears:

Black haired girl named Enoby, Torchic with Speed Boost.

:getin:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Gyra_Solune posted:

I do think there's no problem with the principle of changing shiny sprites, if only because half of the actual ones are barely even different colors. It's not even a gen 1 thing (though that does have prime examples like how I'm pretty sure Persian and Dewgong are completely unchanged), I remember getting a shiny Beartic and I don't think that one's any different.

And I mean if you're doing that, why not have fun and make Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles, I do genuinely like that one.

And lot of the shinies are an awful puke-green color, I get some of it was GSC palette limitations, but come on.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Bydoless posted:

To make deciding easier for those who aren't as familiar with Pokemon, here's a link to all the potential starters here:

Includes both normal and shiny varieties of each pokemon. If the thread agrees on a shiny version over the normal version of the voted Pokemon, I'll see if I can't hack the shiny version in.

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147691

These shinies are insane. Is the Tepig line supposed to be bacon?

This game is going to be quite a ride.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I really like the white-haired gender-neutral avatar but Blonde Girl named Sunshine amuses me.

And this is probably a throwaway, but to go with sunshine, a Shiny Oshawott named Rainbows.

It's worth noting that except for Blaziken, the mega forms of the starters have different abilities than the normal ability and hidden ability, which is good because, for example, Unburden is incompatible with mega stones:

Mega Venusaur has Thick Fat
Mega Charizard Y has Drought
Mega Charizard X has Tough Claws
Mega Blastoise has Mega Launcher
Mega Sceptile has Lightningrod
Mega Blaziken couldn't think of anything more broken than Speed Boost
Mega Swampert has Swift Swim

LAY-ZX posted:

Oh, I thought it was just ugly, but that kind of makes sense.

The Golux fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 29, 2017

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Gothy girl, named Enoby

Her starter is Godspeed You! (so probably GodspeedYou! or Godspeed You, since it's 13 characters with the space and exclamation mark), the Shiny Empoleon

I'd have loved either Contrary Serperior or Speed Boost Blaziken, but I can't resist the cheap pop.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I'll throw another vote into the pile for dark-haired girl named Enoby, but with a shiny Snivy named Dracula

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

LAY-ZX posted:

This game is going to be quite a ride.

I don't think they're so bad, honestly. I kinda like the Charmander line's shiny forms.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

The autumn Turtwig line is pretty cool.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think the shiny Serperior looks pretty rad.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I've looked at this game's shinies. Since they redid all of them there's naturally some that do great and some that blow.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

the Tepig's look bad and Squirtle's too jokey, but other than the over-reliance of black, the shinies actually do look not bad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
You're crazy, Shiny Squirtle is fantastic.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

LAY-ZX posted:

I'll throw another vote into the pile for dark-haired girl named Enoby, but with a shiny Snivy named Dracula

Changing my vote to the 'noby train.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Dark haired girl, Enoby, Protean Froakie This is gonna be the trainwreck that pierces the heavens isn't it?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
All aboard the Enoby train. Dementia the Protean Froakie to make showing off the trainwreck easier.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

LAY-ZX posted:

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Nonbinary blonde character who is named Enoby.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the new shiny sprites for the starters are (mostly) pretty rad and an improvement over the real ones.

Also:

LAY-ZX posted:

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

Just voting for this

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.

Some Numbers posted:

This looks amazing. :allears:

Black haired girl named Enoby, Torchic with Speed Boost.

:getin:

This.

Also those shiny colors omfg. :magical:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kemix posted:

Dark haired girl, Enoby, Protean Froakie This is gonna be the trainwreck that pierces the heavens isn't it?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't think they're so bad, honestly. I kinda like the Charmander line's shiny forms.
They actually made Charizard less stereotypically grimdark by replacing the red with shades of blue. Clearly an error on their part.

benjai
Jun 26, 2007

LAY-ZX posted:

Absolutely this. So glad this game is getting shown, I actually played it through a couple months ago and drat does it try hard to be ~edgy~ with the result being more tumblr meets ff.net, the game.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dont care about the pc,
but our starter should definitely be shiny
preferably a squirtle because good lord those shiny sprites are so mind numbingly stupid

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm actually a pretty big fan of the autumn Torterra, looking at those shiny sprites

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

LAY-ZX posted:

Let's have it have Contrary too and run this poo poo into the ground.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I don't care about our character, but for the starter, either Speed Boost Torchic or Protean Froakie, since this game does not deserve mercy.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Waffleman_ posted:

I have a feeling that the rainbow on the Oshawott line is because these people still hate Oshawott for some reason and are making a tasteless joke about it being gay.

You think a game that lets you be gender neutral that features a long scene in a later episode where one high ranking character talks all about pronouns in a 100% serious manner is going to use "LOLGAY" as an insult?

Onmi fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 30, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Onmi posted:

You think a game that lets you be gender neutral that features a long scene in a later episode where one high ranking character talks all about pronouns in a 100% serious manner is going to use "LOLGAY" as an insult?
Considering the complete lack of tonal consistency I've seen so far? I would not be surprised.

Edit That being said, I expect there's a different reason for it.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

Octatonic posted:

Enoby but with a Protean Froakie, because you deserve to not have to work too hard

This one because gently caress this game with a rake.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm neutral to the trainer name/sprite, but I want you to carry around whichever weird-rear end shiny pops up. If you're hacking a shiny, might as well make it one of the starters with insanely broken Hidden Abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Onmi posted:

Well, I mean, I didn't know about that scene because I've never seen this game before, I was just judging by the attitudes present in the first update.

• Locked thread