Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Antivehicular posted:

I can't get over the laziness of this game being set in the "Reborn Region," with "Reborn City" as its major feature. I'm prepared to believe the rest of the writing is really tryhard, but wow, does that start things on an :effort: note.

It's not a terrible idea in concept. I could see a Pokemon game, most likely a spinoff, being set entirely in and around one large city.

Of course, the names the map everything we've seen so far is not inspiring confidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

get that OUT of my face posted:

I learn to appreciate Pokemon Quartz more with every cringeworthy development that I see in Uranium and Reborn. Yeah, the new Pokemon are dumb, look terrible, and have no effort put into the designs, but at least it was good for some laughs based on its stupidity. There's no mirth to be had in these two hacks, only edge so sharp that a slight graze will make you start to bleed. And even then, I'd take Nuclear over this.

To me, Quartz is a game with no real redeeming features outside of it's comedy value, so it's easy to laugh and then forget about it. Reborn and Uranium actually have some decent ideas and design, so they wind up frustrating because you can see the potential to do better than this mountain of crap.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Rainuwastaken posted:

At this point, I'd honestly be a little disappointed if it wasn't the dumbest thing ever. My personal bet is on them being three people fused together via teleporter accident, to provide a dark mirror of Bill's temporary stint as a Clefairy.

I remember a few years back where people were theorizing that one of the villains in One Piece was born as conjoined triplets, two of which were absorbed in the womb.

So as far as "What's the dumbest thing you can come up with?" that's my guess.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
If there's anyplace to share edgelord hot takes on Pokemon, it's here.

• Locked thread