Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Well this looks interesting :suspense:

Trainer Sprite: The girl with the dark eighties hair

Trainer Name: Allison

Starter: Totodile

Starter Name: SLÄSH-DETHER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

EclecticTastes posted:

I'll second the recommendation of Pocket Card Jockey, though it can be a little frustrating at times when the cards just seem out to screw you over, which can ruin not just a race, but your horse's entire development.

As for Pokemon, I do think it's important to note that the original games took up literally all the available space on the cartridge, that's why it lacked even the most basic sanity checks against things like arbitrary code execution. It's not that Game Freak didn't know about those hazards (most of them would have been glaringly obvious from a coding standpoint, since the vast majority of Gen I's bugs are pointer errors reading random chunks of memory, or in the case of the ACE bug, writing random chunks of memory), they just plain didn't have room to fit safeguards.

How much would Gamefreaks have had to take out to put those safeguards in?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah it reeks of LOOK AT HOW EPIC WE ARE. so fan-game.

That was my thought when I saw the music links. It's the equivalent of every time you fight 3 goblins the game plays Dancing Mad.

• Locked thread