Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Solumin posted:

Yeah, good point! You just reminded me of Final Fantasy VI, which had "Evade" and "Magic Evade" stats, except "Evade" was never used for anything. This made the "Blind" debuff useless, among other things.

Technically it still does something! It stops Strago from learning Lores. He can't do that if he can't see them, and that part works fine.

Did you know that there were some other statuses that were supposed to give you evade penalties that don't work because of this bug? It's true! For instance, Reraise is supposed to drop your evasion (I guess you don't care about getting stabbed if you're just going to get back up) but doesn't.

FF6 has a ton of bugs for the same reason as Pokemon: no room for error checks. It's kind of impressive, actually. I helped collect a list at one point and could name a ton of varying severity. Evade is just an easy to spot one; there's lots and lots of others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
The concept of using field effects during boss fights to shake things up is not a bad one, but the actual implementation they used is a bit more of a problem.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Dragonatrix posted:

That Revive is 1000% bullshit for sure, but comparing it to that Super Potion is extremely unfair to the latter. It, at least, is in an obvious gap signalled by those barrels and otherwise has nothing there. It's the exact kind of spot where hidden items are generally placed.

I would agree if it was one step further south, at the end of the little side path, and was basically stashed in the barrel - that's the only space I'd think to check. Most games don't usually hide items one step before the end of the side path, unless they also have the quirk where you can't walk on the hidden item space until you pick it up.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Edit: Got my horrible Pokemon fangame threads mixed up, ignore

Prism fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 20, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

sgtsnookums posted:

Clearly, ZEL is three children in a trench coat.

Please, don't let this actually be the right answer.

I think I would like it better if it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

GirlCalledBob posted:

The worst part is, as far as I can tell, there's no reason for that tree to be there? It's not blocking anything, there's no doorway or area exit behind it, it doesn't look like there's even anywhere for a hidden item to be. It's a completely pointless cut tree, in the worst possible place.
Someone please correct me and say there's at least a reason for this stupidity.

My guess is that they just wanted a tree there as decoration, but accidentally put in a Cut-enabled one because they're not very good at this.

• Locked thread