Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Bydoless posted:

To make deciding easier for those who aren't as familiar with Pokemon, here's a link to all the potential starters here:

Includes both normal and shiny varieties of each pokemon. If the thread agrees on a shiny version over the normal version of the voted Pokemon, I'll see if I can't hack the shiny version in.

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147691

These shinies are insane. Is the Tepig line supposed to be bacon?

This game is going to be quite a ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I'll throw another vote into the pile for dark-haired girl named Enoby, but with a shiny Snivy named Dracula

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

Due to a bug, they were actually immune to Ghost.

Which is hilarious, because multiple in-game NPCs, the official strategy guides, and even the anime all insist that Ghost is super effective against Psychic. As a kid I was just inconsolable when I realized Ash had lied to me about how to beat Sabrina.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Or a few hours level grindin' and :killdozer:ing her entire team.

I was maybe as old as seven at the time so this was my ultimate strategy for the whole game. My mighty Pikachu with Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Slam soloed the Elite Four. I don't think I ever found Mewtwo.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Begemot posted:

In the past few years they even released a couple games on steam

These are both so wildly opposed to my perception of Game Freak that I'm looking at their logo and I still kinda don't believe you.

The jockey think looks adorable though, I'm getting it.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Super Jay Mann posted:

This conversation is reminding me that it's sad that Game Freak's best non-Pokemon game, Drill Dozer, never got a sequel or continuation of any kind.

What the gently caress they made Drill Dozer? :stare:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Just adding sanity checks wouldn't have fixed much, is the thing. There's plenty of issues of just plain bad programming, which is the reason the lack of sanity checks is so conspicuous, but there's no guarantee those checks would be competently programmed either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

The Ghost/Psychic thing is probably the most egregious example of poor testing in gen 1, even well after the games released guides and other official material continued to be incorrect about it because they were so sure the type chart worked fine that nobody felt like taking five minutes to double check it.

• Locked thread