Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

theGrooseofLegend posted:

So Contrary sounds great on paper, but how good is Serperior?

contrary is the only notable thing about it, its attack movepool blows so even after getting a leaf storm or two off your best non-stab options are like, hidden power fire and dragon pulse

(this might have changed with reborn though, i know jackshit about it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

BlazeEmblem posted:

Is 13 years still modern to you?

In fact, it's been more time between the remake and now than the original and the remake.

he was talking about rby being a buggy mess which frlg isn't

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

Amongst all the more obvious, terrible stuff, something that bothers me greatly is using remixes of endgame boss/dungeon themes for mundane poo poo at the very start of the game. I can't listen to them right now so I dunno if they're appropriately toned down or whatever, but I doubt it.

they're all just pretty generic techno-y/dubstep-y video game remixes, if i didn't already know what the source songs were i'd probably have a hard time pointing out which were late game serious themes and which were more standard battle tunes

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Onmi posted:

Actually Rai, these are all their characters from their little Real life RP group.

yeah i was gonna say, most of the named npcs we've seen so far have some overly present obnoxious quirk in place of any actual personality and that crops up plenty of times in terrible rp groups

it's like a whole drat game of fishmalks

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Testekill posted:

Nobody even likes them to begin with

that's what makes it a good joke (and an obvious troll, but still)

• Locked thread