Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

How complete is the game at this point, anyway? I remember hearing it was essentially being released episodically, but at this point, where are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Though one of the biggest problems with the idea of "you have these skills too" is that, sadly, a lot of games do that, with one big difference: They don't work on enemies that matter. Other games teach you "sure, you have these debuffs and status effects, but when the bosses come, they're meaningless, and normal enemies are more easily dealt with via punching". So, when people who aren't used to SMT games come to Matador, they see a standard boss compliment of powerful buffs and debuffs, and they figure "well, that poo poo won't work on him, because boss".

It's a mindset that has to be broken before you can really get into SMT games, otherwise they feel hard as poo poo because you've been conditioned to ignore all those options you're given.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I've been trying to think of how you could possibly make a "darker" Pokemon game, without going super grimdark, and I wonder if you could do like a private investigator thing. You play a private eye, you go around solving crimes (cartoony in a bunch of ways, but still things like assault, robberies, kidnappings, etc), your Pokemon are chosen less for combat, and more for their various skills at helping you examine crime scenes and such. You're an adult, maybe you have to pay upkeep for your business, you can hunt Pokemon between your cases but your goal isn't to catch them all, it's important for you to train them to aid your cases, etc etc.

• Locked thread