Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Miliardo posted:

War. War never changes.

What is it with Pokemon fangames and crossing the "visible death" line? Death is very much a fact of life in the games, but it's rare that you physically see it happen. Putting in visible death is like donning a dunce cap.

I came upon this realization that maybe these people all heard of or read those manga that were Pokemon but like they had a bunch of Pokemon killing people and other Pokemon and whatnot? I have no idea myself cause all I ever hear about it are things that people mention on these forums, or little snippets that show up on Bulbapedia articles occasionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I think the starters thing was just someone going "we should have ALL the starters so we can prove we're better" while someone else thought that Hidden Abilities should be less annoying to get, or somehow couldn't make them even worse to get than normal. From what I'm hearing in this thread though, it sounds like any remotely good pokemon that were near the beginning were patched out because they ruined ~their vision~ of challenge.

EDIT: This actually reminds me of a similar situation from a licensed game I saw streamed recently, which was Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses, the strange PS2 strategy game. You're given one of several crappy starter decks that sort of have a theme maybe, and have to go against actual themed decks who usually have just plain better cards than you, while also fighting on terrain that's advantageous to them and could possibly weaken you. And even if you use a field card to make beneficial terrain, the enemy has no compulsion to come fight you on that terrain.

DemonTrigger fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 31, 2017

• Locked thread