Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Omnicrom posted:

Speaking of implementation the concept of spending a big chunk of the game in a giant city is actually kind of cool, as is getting a slew of pokemon from finding them around town or via events. It's honestly the sort of stuff I'd want to see in a fan-game. The idea of exploring a different kind of setting or breaking conventions in neat ways is the sort of thing that in general I think Fan games and fan media should do. However the city lay-out looks like a complete mess and the level cap is very poorly considered and the writing is bad and I read all the horror stories in the Uranium thread about this game's writing and the incredible edgitude so I'm not holding my breathe it turns out well.

Yeah there's some good ideas at play here in some places. This could be a pretty good game if it had a different setting, characters, plot, aesthetic and mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

If a fangame has decent game design sense and a modicum of writing tact I'm happy to accept whatever it throws at me. A grim, gritty reimagining of the Pokémon verse? Sure, if it's mature rather than just M-rated. A million terrain types with a billion effects? Go ahead, if I can use them in interesting ways and they're not just walls for me to climb. The problem with games like this and Uranium is they had a lot of ideas but not the insight to back them up. Just throwing in a load of cool-sounding stuff doesn't make a good game.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm just wondering, what is the point of this game? Why was it even made and who is it for?

Obsessive teenagers, and obsessive teenagers.

• Locked thread