Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Well gently caress. :psyduck:

Really, though, it'd be a smidge fairer for the player if they'd made it, say, Grass/Steel (like you'd probably be lead to believe from it's sprite), if only because having a 4x weakness would make it at least something approaching feasible to beat inside of Reborn's rules without some insane luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Bruceski posted:

My money's on "just one personality but likes messing with people."

Alternatively, they're a "mortal incarnation" of some Legendary trio known for quarreling with each other.

Or a disguised Hydreigon.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'm curious: did they outright make some classes useless in the process of closing whatever strategies players used to beat AV?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Wasn't one of those powerful abilities you were supposed to somehow know to counter an instant-cast "you heal to full HP" thing?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Same reason why people argued Dusclops with Eviolite was legitimately tankier than it's final evolution?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, I thought their design was really plain and uninspired, in addition to their lack of viability beyond the early game.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

IIRC, their evolved forms' sprites do make that reference, yes, but it's been forever since I've played B/W.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

...Wow, Fern went from 0 to 100 on the rear end in a top hat Meter in no time. I mean, it just feels so incredibly forced to set him up as rival like this (assuming that's what they're even going for).

...He's going to get much worse, isn't he.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

At least that gave us "I attack the moon!"

• Locked thread