Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Going to comment on this since it's been mostly voting posts.

anilEhilated posted:

This looks delightfully horrible. I'm not very creative so I'll leave the voting for others, but I'd like to ask - as I'm probably not the only one here who lost contact with Pokemon after Gen3, think you could do a little information writeup for the 'mons you catch/use? Something like "This horrible monstrosity is a weed pokemon that I am never going to use since it never learns any good attacks and its stats are utter poo poo."

Just got to comment that since this game seems to be using modern Pokemon move-sets and all that then by and large there won't be this sort of situation. Unlike earlier generations by this point pretty much every Pokemon will at minimum learn some STAB moves that it can use with its larger attack stat, so most anything is usable in the main game.

Of course, that doesn't mean this bad fan-game can't screw over the player in other ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Randalor posted:

It's a shame that "modern" (really, from SNES and onwards mostly) console RPGs suffer this problem. I know Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior/Quest, status effects were king later on in those games, and mandatory in Dragon Quests case.

It's not really the case in Final Fantasy games. Most bosses have some vulnerability to status effects that is very useful.

The biggest problem is that most of them are easy enough that you don't need to.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Onmi posted:

It seems to spawn teams specifically to counter your own, has enemy pokemon with higher base stats than normal and with items that reduce accuracy. And it gets cannily lucky with OHKO's

So says people who don't get his probability works.

When your doing dozens if not over a hundred matches in a row in which a single loss will end the streak eventually random chance will make something go wrong.

• Locked thread