Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dont care about the pc,
but our starter should definitely be shiny
preferably a squirtle because good lord those shiny sprites are so mind numbingly stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Onmi posted:

You think a game that lets you be gender neutral that features a long scene in a later episode where one high ranking character talks all about pronouns in a 100% serious manner is going to use "LOLGAY" as an insult?

No, but Uranium pulled something similar. Right down to the complete tonal shift from grimdark to lolgay.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Probably just an array of true false flags

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

GirlCalledBob posted:

And to be fair, for all that Gen 1 was indeed complete buggy jank, I played through it about a million times as a kid and came up against something game breaking maybe once, as a result of doing something the game told me not to do, so I have to wonder, how broken are those games, really? How much of it is just that we've had over twenty years to find every tiny little weirdass thing that doesn't work quite right?

... okay, yeah, the games are pretty broken.

I mean, everyone knew missingno and that the anime lied to us about ghosts being good vs psychics

E: that said a lot of the jank is bad balance as much as buggy programming, just look at that list.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

You would need proper level scaling to start with. And even then there are movest issues. Most fixed movesets gives you flamethrower vs tackle, and just taking the highest four moves a mon naturally learns could screw over/overpower certain monsters because they werent intended to be level 5 ever.

• Locked thread