Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alex0080
May 3, 2013

RyuHimora posted:

No. This happened to me on two occasions in Red, both definitely without trading. I Levelled my Charizard to 50 before taking on Lt. Surge via sequence break and it stopped obeying me mid battle. Years later I emulated the game and cheated in rare candies to get a lvl 50 Nidoking from the start, and the same thing started happening.

I just now started up a game of Blue, got a level 11 Butterfree, then started up a game of Red, traded the Butterfree over, then cheat coded in 99 rare candies and fed 94 of them to my starter Charmander. The Butterfree's first act in Red was to disobey me and use Tackle instead of String Shot on a random encounter, and then it used String Shot like I wanted it to next turn. I then proceeded to beat my Rival, all the trainers and random encounters in Viridian Forrest, and Brock with my level 100 Charizard, with no disobedience. Then I told my level 11 Butterfree to use String Shot on a random encounter again, it disobeyed and did nothing (yes, in gen 1 level 11 and higher pokemon gained in trades will disobey you until you beat Misty's level 18 Staryu and level 21 Starmie. Not very well thought out here).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread