Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Do FireRed and LeafGreen not count?

Is 13 years still modern to you?

In fact, it's been more time between the remake and now than the original and the remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Bydoless posted:

Also created by Mist for 3 turns if the user doesn't hold an Everstone.

:psyduck: Why? Why wouldn't it work if you are holding an everstone?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Onmi posted:

Well this isn't a baby Pokemon game for babies like Gamefreak keeps making for babies. This is a real Pokemon game with tactical depth and forcing you to adapt to your situation and hard boss battles! I kept seeing one person, using the Pulse Tangrowth for their screenshot, constantly push that Rebirth was far better than the "Baby Sun and Moon that prove Gamefreak is lazy"

The people who think like this (and think that Pulse Tangrowth is a good idea) don't seem to understand that Pokemon already has a hard mode designed for hardcore players: the battle tower and other various post-game facilities. The main game is designed for children, their target audience, and the battle tower is designed for more grown up players, their periphery audience.

Of course, the people who think that this stupidly edgy game is a good idea are also likely the ones who complain that the battle tower is unfair.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

Decidueye is pretty fantastic.

He's the first grass starter I ever picked, since the other two starters looked bad.

• Locked thread