Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Dark haired girl, Enoby, Protean Froakie This is gonna be the trainwreck that pierces the heavens isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Robindaybird posted:

as mentioned by Matador, not only do you learn the press turn is important, but stat-changing moves are key to the MegaTen gameplan - in most JRPGs, if you're not doing direct damage or healing, you're wasting a turn, but in MegaTen, it's the difference between taking 100 damage an taking 23 damage

Pretty much this. Megaten in general is a Hard but Fair series. From what we've seen so far, this game is "Kick the player in the balls as hard as possible as soon as possible" if you don't know what's coming up. Megaten isn't generally regarded as "gently caress you: the game" unlike what loving Reborn throws your way as the first major hurdle. Seriously, I KNOW the game gives you the chance to get ready, but holy poo poo, an explosion team isn't loving genius, it's loving unfair since the game increases it's power to insane levels right from the get go.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Jesus, I was about to comment about the update, but...jesus man. There are some lines we don't cross. Doesn't mean I don't toe the line from time to time...but yeesh.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

krisslanza posted:

Someone actually did a video on analyzing SAO just as an actual game.
Many of its things that sound/look neat on paper... are actually really horrible for actual gameplay purposes. That's also ignoring the fact the author of SAO seems to think the single most important thing for an MMO player is their reflexes, given that is Kirito's single 'special' thing that makes him so strong.

Kirito was also a god-sue Self-Insert character, but that's besides the point in that Reki Kawahara can't write for poo poo. Seriously, the loving ABRIDGED SERIES by Something Witty on youtube told that anime's first arc better than the anime it's self.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Testekill posted:

Nobody even likes them to begin with

The joke being they were useful for all of one gym in White/Black 1, lovely and were to be evolved and then tossed in the box to rot away till the end of time. WHY they did that, other than to "teach" children type matchups, I will never understand. Poor, poor monkies, you suck and nobody wants you...*insert monkey brains joke here*

• Locked thread