Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I do think there's no problem with the principle of changing shiny sprites, if only because half of the actual ones are barely even different colors. It's not even a gen 1 thing (though that does have prime examples like how I'm pretty sure Persian and Dewgong are completely unchanged), I remember getting a shiny Beartic and I don't think that one's any different.

And I mean if you're doing that, why not have fun and make Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles, I do genuinely like that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
honestly

when i played this game I barely remembered Julia as being exceptionally obnoxious to fight, and I didn't cheese it nearly as hard. I don't even think I found any of those Pokemon with Lightning Rod, I just kind of fought her normally with the team I had, probably lost a few times, likely barely won. I kind of found it interesting as someone who knows Pokemon but not at a competitive level. Normally gym matches kind of bore me because oh, just bring in a resistance/weakness and you'll be fine, but this one did a good job, to me, of feeling like a proper boss battle where you have to squeeze as much out of your team and rethink strategies to get through. Plus I mean, the ridiculous bump to Explosion is likely just more cosmetic than anything - at this point are you really going to have anything that can weather a 250 power anything attack? The game clearly telegraphs that hey, this gym leader is going to rely on Explosion, that's a thing you will have to deal with, and I think the more normal answer is 'just deal with how you'll have to sacrifice fodder' for most.

It's a gym slightly later on that I remembered as being 'okay, this is kind of ridiculous' (at exactly the point where it starts getting very, very stupid, and i stopped really playing) whose terrain effect is so incredibly obnoxious that you really don't have a choice but to get rid of it. Thankfully that isn't too /difficult/ to acquire, and with the ability to see exactly what each terrain effect can be adjusted and removed by it's a lot easier to search for, but...it kind of felt like a 'if I wasn't coincidentally using this one specific Pokemon the whole time on my team, I would've had to spend hours and hours getting it' battle.

also remember how the city part of the world map looked weird and from a different perspective? It actually kind of isn't - what you're seeing in it, as demonstrated in this update, is how half of the city is built on these huge tiered plateaus and is surrounded by enormous walls. It's a WEIRD layout for a city, that much is obvious.

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 15, 2017

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
for being a stupid joke game, pokemon clover has too many ordinary-rear end pokemon. The fossils in particular, why aren't they either goofy fossils like a Neanderthal and a sauropod with a neck that takes up the entire sprite and still can't fit on the screen, or something like extremely old and tired memes

• Locked thread