Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Amongst all the more obvious, terrible stuff, something that bothers me greatly is using remixes of endgame boss/dungeon themes for mundane poo poo at the very start of the game. I can't listen to them right now so I dunno if they're appropriately toned down or whatever, but I doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The man called M posted:

A member of Reborn's forums made a game called Pokemon Rejuvenation . While some (Including myself) consider it better than Reborn, it kind of has some of the same problems. (Trying to be Pokemon The Grandmaster, for example). I'm thinking it might be a "fun" side LP.

Bydoless posted:

So you're saying this game is unfinished, then?
Yes.

However, once we're done with Reborn, we'll cover an even worse unfinished fangame inspired by this one: Pokemon Rejuventation.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

DemonTrigger posted:

EDIT: This actually reminds me of a similar situation from a licensed game I saw streamed recently, which was Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses, the strange PS2 strategy game. You're given one of several crappy starter decks that sort of have a theme maybe, and have to go against actual themed decks who usually have just plain better cards than you, while also fighting on terrain that's advantageous to them and could possibly weaken you. And even if you use a field card to make beneficial terrain, the enemy has no compulsion to come fight you on that terrain.

Who's streaming one of my favourite guilty pleasures I must know
At risk of getting :goonsay: about a goddamn Yugioh licensed game, the game gives you several tools to deal with those cards, be it equips, Fusion, or just taking advantage of the strategy elements to avoid them. It also, to keep it vaguely on-topic by making a direct contrast to Reborn, gives you ways to get better cards, rather than going out of its way to deny you anything powerful.

• Locked thread