Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Time to strap in for a wild ride
Best of luck to you

Random fact: the VS sprites are twice as large as the canon games' VS sprites, which is why they're so ludicrously detailed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Most of Reborn's music doesn't appeal to me since having high-quality whatever-genre-of-music-Glitch's-music-is-called doesn't fit with the sprite aesthetic (although some of the custom music does - Uranium did something similar with some of its tracks as well)

I much prefer SuperiorLarxene, Lala19357, TheGuitahHeroe and a few others who use DPPt/HGSS/BW/BW2 soundfonts for their Remixes/Original Compositions (and most of them have moved on to use XY/ORAS/SuMo-styled themes, but such is the life of a Pokémon music maker)

Eh, if there's one good thing about Reborn, it's that (some of) their Spritework has a lot of effort put into it - for example, a few trainers actually match their overworld sprites

Is it sad that "Espurr snapped back to reality" made me sing "whoops, there goes gravity"?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I actually like the idea that using Magnitude inside a cave collapses it on top of you

Does Earthquake do the same? Is it a feature of all caves?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I've seen enough fanart to know where that is going

Nice use of Deoxys' arms as tentacles though

Better to use pre-existing assets rather than making them from scratch, which usually leads to odd scaling and design issues

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

shroomich posted:

I'm kind of (maybe unreasonably) mad that they didn't give PULSE tangrowth more eyes. Like putting some eyes at the ends of its tentacles so it's got more of them instead of just the one big one. Why take away an eye when you're trying to make something more powerful?
Not all mutations are beneficial

Which if done right, could lead to some interesting encounters

Not getting my hopes up though

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

the Orb of Zot posted:

Honestly, I'm amazed you even get an actual starter choice between every gen 1-6 starter.

Under their current design philosophy, your starter choice should be Sunkern/Litleo/Goldeen.
Nah, Golden can learn Horn Drill

A better Water starter would be Luvdisc

Perhaps Slugma for Fire?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rainuwastaken posted:

Even as a joke, Trubbish is probably a better grass starter than Chikorita.

Poor, poor Chikorita...
I raised a Meganium that out-sped Lance's Garchomp and murdered it with trees without issue once

Chikorita Master Race

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Schubalts posted:

How the gently caress.
Jolly Nature with a speed-boosting characteristic with max speed IVs or something - I don't really pay attention to such things

I just know that it's not something to be mocked or underestimated

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

MiracleFlare posted:

From what I can remember of the first two PMD series (I haven't played the others), you're only given as much grittiness as needed to progress the story or the character arcs, and you aren't shown much violence on-screen - the most I can think of is that one Sableye scene in Explorers. Compare to CURIE in Uranium, who just cannot shut up about death and suffering and how much they want to see other people in pain.
In Gates to Infinity, you get the utter crap beaten out of you by Kyurem and the beating goes on for quite a while

There's also the fact other humans were called and were hunted down and killed by the villain of the game

I have not played Super Mystery Dungeon so I don't know how dark it gets aside from petrification by Yveltal being involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

If you want a darker pokemon game, play Explorers of Sky

Ya know, where you're encouraged to kill yourself, children are kidnapped and fall into endless nightmares where their own friends attack them, see a world paralyzed in infinite darkness, time itself is being destroyed, you're captured and sentenced to be executed and a myriad of other fantastic ideas for a pokemon game

For kids!

• Locked thread