Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Haifisch posted:

Gen 1 is held together with silly string and paper clips, so obedience issues would just be another for the list of bugs and weird poo poo plaguing it.

Just a note about the saving when you switch boxes thing - it actually wasn't a full save. How do I know that? Because I annoyed the hell out of my brother at one point by overwriting only some of his game with a box switch. (Before I got my own gameboy he'd let me play his but only if I started a new game and didn't save it.) It overwrote all the box and I think party pokemon, but nothing else was altered so he ended up with my low level pokemon but much further on in the game. From a certain standpoint I can kind of see the logic, why save things you don't need to when just switching boxes. But at the same time the game explicitly informs you it's saving the game, so you'd think it'd actually save the game. I'm more impressed that the half save thing somehow still results in a functioning game you can continue playing if you overwrite one save file with half of another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Is 13 years still modern to you?

In fact, it's been more time between the remake and now than the original and the remake.

I still want them to do another, but not just red and green updated again. Do a Yellow remake (Thunder Yellow?), keep the pikachu starter and playing as Ash and all that, maybe expand the Team Rocket storyline a little. Then do another, Ocean Blue maybe, where it's a similar thing but you play as Gary Oak. Could have a similar thing with Team Rocket with the other two from the anime. Butch and Cassidy I think they are, in the english dub at least. And reverse all the rival fights so you see the other side of the same event. Like instead of encountering Gary on your way to Bill's you encounter Ash on the way back. Instead of beating the elite four and then Gary's already there, you beat them and it goes on like you've beat the game and then halfway through Ash comes in to challenge you. Probably sounds a bit silly but I always thought it'd be cool.

• Locked thread