Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twenty Four

Wonder Showzen was usually funny with the stuff on the streets, like the "Beat Kids" segment wtih the reporter kid going around asking age innaporopriate questions. The scripted puppet segments made me cringe like 85% of the time though.

Space Ghost was always wierd, and it unapologetically knew it, but often it would end up being very hilarious. I always wondered how much the guests heard what we heard from space ghost and how much of it was responses to other questions that they just edited together. Sometimes you could just tell there is no way they just heard him ask something like why their new tv show is so bad and they just answered "Yes!" with a smile, it doesn't even make sense!

Sealab 2021 was around that time and pretty funny too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Starman Super DX posted:

For the record, Hanna-Barbera cartoons are poo poo. Fight me. :colbert:

I will not fight you and my parents would back you up on this when I was young in a "no we arent watching this garbage" situation and they were right.

Twenty Four

Crossposting because Mr. Show and name relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkP_OGDCLY0

But really the best sketch comedy was Upright Citizens Brigade.

Twenty Four

Starman Super DX posted:

I should try watching more UCB

Yes, episodes "Super Cool" or "Pro Thunder Ball" are good jumping off points. UCB has a certain sense of humor, but I think it is even more accessible then Mr. Show. Both are good but considering you are the one that opened a thread about liking good TV, I would recommend it.

• Locked thread