Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Gambling's where it's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Con Woman. Money makes itself. Words are forever.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
I think I have to go with :filez: (pirating)

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Quincytbb posted:

I think I have to go with :filez: (pirating)

the only choice for a mobster, after all

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

"Can I have a few dollars for the bus?" or "My parents kicked me out of the house. Can I have some money to buy lunch?" Tourists were the best, since they constantly came and went through New Daria. With no overhead and no cost, these simple cons brought me a lot of money, for a teenager.
(Subterfuge +10 and Gained $900)

I met my first love in high school.

A pretty girl.

A handsome guy.

It could have been either, but my first love happened to be…

quote:

Renata Vercic-Capone, a petty con artist living with her parents in a large house in New Daria.
Money: $900

SKILLS:
Athletics: 5%
Automobiles: 0%
Fighting: 0%
Finance: 0%
Firearms: 0%
Intimidation: 0%
Legal: 0%
Medical: 10%
Perception: 0%
Persuasion: 5%
Streetwise: 0%
Subterfuge: 10%
Technology: 0%

Citizen: 75%
Criminal: 50%

RELATIONSHIPS

My childhood friend:
Taylor: 55%
A childhood acquaintance:
Alexis: 45%

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

an Apache attack helicopter

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

quote:

It could have been either, but my first love happened to be…

Taylor! Though I'm rather unsure if she is actually one of the options, so I'm gonna stick with "A pretty girl" just in case.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Luhood posted:

Taylor! Though I'm rather unsure if she is actually one of the options, so I'm gonna stick with "A pretty girl" just in case.

Lesbians are lesbiwins.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

We're a 15 year old girl in high school. Hormones are almost as ubiquitous as cliques. Let us chase the D and worry about coming out later, when we're armed.

E: v That D. v

VivaLa Eeveelution fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 4, 2017

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

:goku:My first love was Goku, his rippling poorly animated muscles, spiky black hair, and orange pants stole my heart :goku:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Girl.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

Christine was a good student who paid attention in class. She was popular and pretty, so nobody bugged her about it. She played a few sports and although she wasn't the best athlete, she was good enough to make most of the school's teams.

Her long, slightly curled brown hair and deep brown eyes probably haunted a lot of my peers' dreams through high school. She had an easy laugh and a sparkle in her eye that was instantly adored by everyone.

I confidently asked her on a date almost right away.

I was too shy to speak to her, but we still ended up dating.

I had no interest in romance while I was in high school, so I didn't let her know my feelings.

quote:

Renata Vercic-Capone, a petty con artist living with her parents in a large house in New Daria.

SKILLS:
Persuasion: 5%
Subterfuge: 10%

RELATIONSHIPS

My childhood friend:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I was too shy to speak to her, but we still ended up dating.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Hey you - you're my chick now

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016
Our Girl Renata is Bold

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Asking her confidently, we've already made bold choices before so might keep going with it.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Ask her confidently while wearing Al Capone hat.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Confidence, the boon that keeps on giving! Let's keep this shipping flying along!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

confidence is key

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

A double dose of confidence. Maybe not the hat though.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Confidence, while wearing two Capone hats.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Confidence, while wearing Al Capone as a hat.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

I was pleased when she said yes. We had known each other our entire lives. I think she had been waiting for me to ask her out for a long time.
(Persuasion +5)

My parents loved her, but her parents hated me, even though I came from such a great family.

I didn't tell her about my life as a con artist.

I was open and honest about where I got my money.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I just work the night shift at the one convenience store you've never been to, babe. Honest.

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016
Renata and Christy are close enough to be Open with each other.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I just found $900 dollars on the sidewalk one day after school. It was so cool!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
My allowance is pretty generous.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Not telling people about your criminal lifestyle seems like a good habit to get into.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
As much as I'd love things to continue positively, conwomen don't reveal their secrets! If things will gently caress over themselves let them do so because we have a bad history with the law!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Nope.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

It wasn't difficult to keep my criminal activities a secret. Christine was a good girl and had no idea where I got my money.
(Christine Relationship +5 and Subterfuge +5)

I remember this one Friday night. I was at a house party with Taylor. I think Christine was working, or something. The music was loud and everyone was getting drunk or baked. It was a good time. I don't even remember what the argument was about, but a big group of girls wanted to beat up Taylor. She probably lipped them off, or something. The awkward thing was, Alexis was a part of the group. The fact that Alexis was on my lacrosse team didn't seem to matter.

There were five of them, with Alexis leading the pack. Although Taylor was nearly a foot shorter, she wasn't going to back down.

I said, "Hey, why don't you take this envelope of concert tickets and leave us alone?"

I said, "Come on, Alexis, we're all friends here." (Needs 5 Persuasion)

I stood back and let them beat up Taylor.

I punched Alexis right in the nose.

quote:

SKILLS:
Persuasion: 10%
Subterfuge: 15%

RELATIONSHIPS

My childhood friend:
My childhood sweetheart and girlfriend:
Christine: 75%

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Be persuasive.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Persuasion.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
We're friendly friends who friendishly do friendship-based activities.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

If we have the skill, might as well use it, Persuasion.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Let's all be friends here. persuasion

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Pyroi posted:

Yeah, what they said!

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Franziska von Karma (probably) posted:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

It was a gamble. Taylor had obviously been talking smack. I waited patiently to see how it would pan out. Alexis jerked her chin toward Taylor one last time to see if she'd flinch and then smiled like it was all a grand joke. I could see Taylor breathing hard with rage, ready to fight, regardless of the odds. Alexis put an arm around one of her friends and the group left. I breathed a sigh of relief. It had been a close call.
(Alexis Relationship +10, Taylor Relationship +10, and Persuasion +5)

Life was good when I was in high school. I had a great girlfriend and some really good friends. I had lots of money and the future looked wide open. This all fell apart when I tried a larger confidence scam. I tried to sell a knockoff Rolex to a tourist who turned out to be an undercover cop. Luckily, I was still a youth.

I was found guilty in youth court. Luckily, I had no record and I came from a good home. I was given a very stern warning and narrowly escaped being sent to a juvenile detention center.

High school continued much the same as before. I had to talk to a parole officer who kept a close eye on my marks and was in regular contact with my principal. At least I still got to hang out with regular kids and not the delinquents from juvie. Unfortunately, Christine, my girlfriend, was very upset when she heard of the charges. I was glad that I hadn't told her the truth about my background, or I'm sure things would have been much worse. She seemed to make it her mission to clear my 'good name', telling everyone who would listen that I was innocent.
(Christine Relationship +5 and Citizen Reputation +10)

Taylor seemed eager to prove herself and was continually getting into fights. I was amazed that she was never charged with anything serious and never got sent to juvie. We hung out a lot during our high school years, although it seemed unlikely that she was going to graduate.

Together, we ruled the school. We made sure everyone respected us and took no poo poo from anyone.

I concentrated on my schoolwork and tried to not get in trouble.

We started extorting money from the other kids at school.

I hardly ever went to class, spending more time on the streets than in school.

quote:

Renata Vercic-Capone, a high school student living with her parents in a large house in New Daria.

SKILLS:
Persuasion: 15%