Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I was a film major for a year. Don't do it if you want reasonable work hours dude. I did it because I was 19 and idealistic but thankfully switched after a year.

My colleagues in the major found some success. One works for a indie-website helping to produce content, and another actually ended up as an adjunct professor at our alma-matter in the film department.
Those two had to work many dead end part time jobs, move out to LA/NYC, and work their asses off, often times for free, in order to get where they are. And they did because they have an insane love of cinema and film. Normal hours or life are not a thing with this industry.

If you want a "normal" life (an ever-evolving term in today's world) then bite the bullet like the rest of us and move into IT, Engineering, Finance, or the medical field. It's not glamorous or fun but these jobs pay well, there are plenty of them, and I don't think they'll be automatic out of existence for a while.

*EDIT*

I saw in your post you are afraid of Computer Science because you "Don't like math". Do not let that stop you. There are many areas in Medical and IT that do not require advance math skills. I bombed the math portion of the GRE, hard. So bad it is one of the biggest embarrassments of my life. I still managed to do well in my Network Security courses though and I am now self-teaching myself Bash and Python. Don't let it stop you. College is an opportunity to learn new skills, especially ones you are bad at or think you do not like.

Solaris 2.0 fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread