Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Go with Nutrition. You can use that to become a personal trainer. The film business is terrible right now and only looking to get worse. You want sane hours? Go somewhere else. You want to own a house someday? Go somewhere else.

89 posted:

And it seems that in Film, a degree isn't exactly NEEDED. But, I figure the invaluable amount of networking, working with professional equipment, and running on deadlines/grades might make it worth the tuition.

In central Arkansas you will not meet a person worth networking with.

89 posted:

I'm not necessarily trying to be The Director. I just enjoy the production part of everything. Now, there was a commercial I shot wayyy back when I was in high school where I came up with the commercial, the script, I picked the actors, had them read my lines, I filmed it personally. And then edited it myself and the power was perhaps a little...intoxicating, it did make me feel good.

You will not have any project where you do this that pays you anything reasonable.

89 posted:

But, the production part sounds soooooo much better than slinging $1 vodka cranberries until 3AM.

3AM last call and $1 drinks? My God. My God.

89 posted:

But even from a production stand point, I've always been interested in being the lighting guy for concerts and events. That's always fascinated me.

This is a good job. Pursue this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread