Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

89 posted:

Now, I don't want to work until 3AM five nights a week and want to be able enough money to do things like buy my own house (and not live with 2 other dudes) and support a future (hypothetical) family.

The creative industry will not give this to you. It simply will not. I laughed out loud when I read this.

You want stability and reasonable work hours... from the film industry. You're specifically considering two areas of study that have been controlled by the bullshit gig economy before that was even a term. If you actually decide to pursue this your bartending job will be more reliable so don't quit it!

You don't need a degree to run a camera or be a lighting guy at concerts. Of all the ideas presented in your post, the lighting technician idea is the best one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Didn't you make a thread at one point asking about becoming a nurse? That is a good idea. You have an interest in health. Do THAT.
Then use your stable nurse income to buy a fancy camera as a hobby.

• Locked thread