Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RickDaedalus posted:

I never played Wonder Girl: The Dragon's Trap when it came out, but I will give the remake a shot because it looks pretty good.

It's a fun enough game but underneath the shiny coat of paint is a straight port of a Master System game with all that entails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I never got a chance to respond and this is obviously a completely unimportant thing, but in regards to the Charlie's Angels game, it only loops if you don't have a memory card iirc.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have been playing Diablo3 and now Marvel Omegas on my PS4. I am really getting into the whole looty action RPG genre.
Does anyone have any more recommendations for PS4 based games of this nature?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

precision posted:

post good video game horses

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

VideoGames posted:

I have been playing Diablo3 and now Marvel Omegas on my PS4. I am really getting into the whole looty action RPG genre.
Victor Vran: Overkill Edition just released on PS4 and it's pretty good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VideoGames posted:

Van Helsing isn't bad though the PS4 version isn't particularly well optimised, tiny cluttered UI.
Honestly none hold a candle to D3 really.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Odd girl.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/869957926353604608

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

I was convinced this was the Skittles game due to the name.

LizWiz, add Darkened Skye to your list and harness the power of tasting the rainbow.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

I agree.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

i feel like cat and dogs are worn out, i think the next big video game animal meme should be horses

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

precision posted:

i feel like cat and dogs are worn out, i think the next big video game animal meme should be horses

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IrYfrOiCrY

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My favorite end boss is the production team for near a tomato.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

These RDR glitches were amazing because when something got hosed the swapped 3D models allowed for the animation bones to still work perfectly. So instead of getting the wrong model frozen in its default pose - a wolf that took the protagonist's place during a cutscene would sure enough behave like a human and it was hilarious.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I feel like every River City Ransom project released in the last 2 years has let me down immensely and I expect these to be no different. Maybe Sega will make a new Streets of Rage instead.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's a crime that no commercially released beatemup in the last 7 years has managed to surpass that Streets of Rage fan remake.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Did they fix that last River City Ransom game with patches yet?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DLC Inc posted:

I feel like every River City Ransom project released in the last 2 years has let me down immensely and I expect these to be no different. Maybe Sega will make a new Streets of Rage instead.

Tokyo Rumble owned

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Killing Floor 2, and Life is Strange are the free games on PS4 for June. How is Killing Floor 2? I know very little about that game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZlj2p8W9M

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Killing Floor 2, and Life is Strange are the free games on PS4 for June. How is Killing Floor 2? I know very little about that game.

It's ... okay? Not sure how it runs on PS4, but it was an early access Steam title for a long time and felt largely incomplete. I haven't played it since before they added the Pyro(?) class in.

Small arena team zombie shooter. It's probably good with friends at least, not sure how the pub community is.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CJacobs posted:

In my video suggestions for that I found this:

And I don't think I have ever wanted to click on a link on the internet less than this link right here. I wish it would be goatse if I clicked this.

32 gosh darn minutes!

Thank you for this.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey the new Valkyria game completely evaded me- really liked the first one.

Edit: ah boooo it seems like the gameplay is completely different

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh hey the new Valkyria game completely evaded me- really liked the first one.

It's nothing like the first one btw, it's an action RPG set in the same universe

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
People are saying it's like a mix between Dynasty Warriors and Kingdom Hearts? Ugh barf not my jam

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

People are saying it's like a mix between Dynasty Warriors and Kingdom Hearts? Ugh barf not my jam

Mix between Dynasty Warriors and Kingdom Hearts has my attention. That being said, pretty much nobody except KT has managed to get musou games right and even they frequently strike out, though some companies are getting better.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 1, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Palpek posted:

Did they fix that last River City Ransom game with patches yet?

They're getting there, they unfortunately took a hiatus for some time because it turns out they basically made the game in addition to having full time jobs and were on the verge of having nervous breakdowns. They're back at it, though. You will hear about it once/if they finally fix all the problems because I will make a lot of noise about it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I finished Alan Wake's American Nightmare. The increase in gameplay quality over the base game was so much better that it gave me whiplash. I didn't have a lot of fun playing Alan Wake, but American Nightmare was pretty good! The time loop thing got pretty dull in a way, but it kinda fits in with the campy Twilight Zone vibe they were going for.

Now I'm playing Dungeon Keeper and god drat I've had this game for years and never realized how fun it is.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 1, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm gettin a hankerin to play through Final Fantasy VII again but I'm too lazy to dig my PS2 out of my closet. And apparently the PC version of the game is historically bad. This is the worst situation to happen in the history of the world

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Annoying even if you turn the sound off because they spend six minutes running and circles and then two minutes doing the thing, so you have to scan through the video to find it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Macaluso posted:

I'm gettin a hankerin to play through Final Fantasy VII again but I'm too lazy to dig my PS2 out of my closet. And apparently the PC version of the game is historically bad. This is the worst situation to happen in the history of the world

I think it's on the PS4 digital store if that helps.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Macaluso posted:

The Steam version is pretty good. I think the music patch was made official so I don't think you have to put in any effort at all to make it good. It's the original release by Eidos that was really bad.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

There are literally guides on youtube where they'll get to point A to point B like they're master speedrunners for every game and they're super easy to find, it's not hard to avoid Egoraptor falling off Tick Tock Clock for the 20th time you big babies

Bicyclops posted:

I think it's on the PS4 digital store if that helps.

I don't have a PS4 :qq:

Mak0rz posted:

The Steam version is pretty good. I think the music patch was made official so I don't think you have to put in any effort at all to make it good. It's the original release by Eidos that was really bad.

Oooh I didn't know that! I heard that the Steam version wasn't great a while ago so I just assumed they brought the old PC one to steam. I'll have to check that out

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Macaluso posted:

Do you not have anything past a ps2? It's on ps3 and ps4 and psp and vita.

edit; too late

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

Do you not have anything past a ps2? It's on ps3 and ps4 and psp and vita.

edit; too late

Naw, I never got a PS3 or PS4. I'm a PC + Nintendo guy, there aren't many exclusives to PS4 I care about. As long as they keep dragging their rear end with Kingdom Hearts 3 I can hold off on a PS4 :v:

Also psp and vita lol

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You could have just emulated it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Maybe you should give pcsx2 a shot? It's pretty good now; popular games will have patches and fixes usually so they'll be playable.

• Locked thread