Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

at midnight basketball under overpasses,

This one is still hilarious. Hey guys let's stop playing actual basketball like we came here to do, joey and mike brought their Nintendo(tm) Switches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
"Everyone ready for the orgy?"

"Nah I think we're gonna just play some 8-player Smash Bros. instead. It's pretty much the same thing."

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

shibari bondage but it's me playing videogames on my nintendo switch

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Thread title is really good.

I'm making another stab at finishing persona 4 but standard def gaming blecch

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If it's two things that Nintendo will never figure out how to do, it's easy, understandable, online gaming and how to add features without selling a bucketload of irritating peripherals and rules. Why can't we play Triforce Heroes with two people? Did anyone actually manage to play the multiplayer on Four Swords or Four Swords Adventures? Why can't we play Hyrule Warriors over an internet connection? Why does the Wii U store interface seem to actively try to make me quit before I make any purchases? I don't know, but I'll be buying the consoles and yelling at the sky as long as they keep making Zelda and Mario. All hail Lady Hylia.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played four swords 2 players once. My friend was a dickhead the whole time tho so it wasnt that fun.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Thread title is really good.

I'm making another stab at finishing persona 4 but standard def gaming blecch

Good news, you can play the game in HD on a Vita

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

CJacobs posted:

This one is still hilarious. Hey guys let's stop playing actual basketball like we came here to do, joey and mike brought their Nintendo(tm) Switches

It was the other team's turn to use the court.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Good news, you can play the game in HD on a Vita

544p isn't HD

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm not buying a vita for one game. This isnt nintendo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you could buy a pstv for p4g and uh i dunno. hot shots golf or something

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was going to buy a PSTV until someone mentioned that the Netflix app, which is available on Vita, couldn't be used on the PSTV

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I bought a Vita for anime titty games

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I bought a Vita for anime titty games

Steam will kill the vita's only remaining purpose before too long.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't play them on the bus with Steam.

Fortunately now the Switch exists.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

I'm not buying a vita for one game. This isnt nintendo.
I bought a Vita 60% for P4G, and 40% for Ys Celceta. Even as of now, despite having an OK time with a few other games, those remain the two best games I've played on it by a huge margin. Don't regret it one bit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I bought a Vita because I thought Remote Play would actually be useful.

90% of my time on it has been playing Spelunky

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I don't know why people make a point of saying the Nintendo store interface is bad when the PS4 store interface is literally the worst console storefront I have ever seen and I have to just ignore it in favor of the website.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't play them on the bus with Steam.

Fortunately now the Switch exists.

HD rumble jiggle

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The generations responsible for pogs and pet rocks being really mad about fidget spinners will never not be funny.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don't know why people make a point of saying the Nintendo store interface is bad when the PS4 store interface is literally the worst console storefront I have ever seen and I have to just ignore it in favor of the website.

The letter by letter search is the most baffling design.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sony wins because if your PS4 breaks you can migrate all your stuff to a new one.

But yeah, that search is horrendous.

vvvvvvv They also have a really nice motion-controlled keyboard.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 1, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Please scroll letters one at a time to search even though we have a controller with a built in touch pad.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I read all of the Injustice comic over the last week or so, about 150 issues. The art is generally pretty good but I was getting really tired of it near the end because it's really just one big excuse to have every DC character ever punch each other in the face. Not surprising for a comic based on a fighting game I guess.

At one point the Greek gods come and decide they want to wipe out all religion and Batman goes and asks alien Moses(?) to stop them so Moses and Zeus have a conversation and it's all good. Also Harley Quinn and Shazam go to the underworld and teleport back out.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

I mean it could be because two things can suck at the same time. Sony's increasingly baffling, barely working store is bad, as is Nintendo's. Sony's is more aggravating because on PS3 it was bad then they got it to a place where it was fine then they broke it they just keep making it worse while the Nintendo store's have always felt anemic and hard to navigate in the same ways.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The Wii shop had the best music therefore it's the best one

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I just feel like I have always been able to find what I want in the Nintendo store and never have I just gone, "UGH YOU KNOW WHAT gently caress IT" like I have done with the PS store.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I haven't used the Switch store though, it might be really bad

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
As bad as the PS store is, it never outright broke in a way that puzzled their tech support like the MS store did for me.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The only console stores I've ever used were Xbox 360 and Wii. I have no complaints with the 360 and the Wii one, while clunky and slow, is literally just a list of games in alphabetical order so it could be worse I guess.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Switch store needs an obvious way to look at all items (you can now, but it's in a dumb place) but other than that it's fast and painless, just like the rest of the UI on the system.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

The Switch store is fine but that's mainly because it's entire library can fit on one screen.

The Nintendo stores can be weird. They're bad but not in ways that are as blatantly obvious as the Sony store. Like the Wii U one would rearrange the buttons every week and sometimes there wouldn't be a new release section at all. the 3DS store also has problems where you can't really tell if a game will have 3D or not and there being no standard for trailers or screenshots. The search function also tends to be not that great and it can be really hard to find a game that isn't featured in some way. Also, while people like to complain every week the PS store has a bad sale, the Nintendo store almost never has good sales ever and they tend to mainly feature the type of shovelware you thought died with the Wii.

As I said, it's not that the Sony store isn't a mess (I don't know how the video function on game pages ever works there) but it still doesn't make Nintendo's store setups good.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Switch store feels like a placeholder because the real one isn't ready. The PS4 store has sucked for years.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
It must be really hard to make an online store for a home console or something. You'd think they would try to make the Place Where You Give Them Money pleasant and easy to use.

Wii and Wii U had rotating chill music; hope the Switch is like that too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

No music so yeah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Switch store is as barebones as it gets but it's pretty snappy. It basically just recent releases, search or big list of everything.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

an actual dog posted:

They're also already 100% committed to it, neither the joycons or pro controller has headphone jacks so this is it!

I'm going to strangle myself in a tangle of wires playing nintendo games online and honestly I'm looking forward to it.

I got some wireless headphones last year and they've very quickly become one of my favorite material possessions. Nintendo's take on voice chat is still insanely dumb though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

To each their own, I guess, but I like the PS4 store, at least compared to the Wii U one. For one, DLC automatically installs and lets you know that it has, whereas with Nintendo, you have to restart the software for half the games. The PS4 one just feels like Steam with (admittedly not great) console UI. The Wii U one feels like you're locked in the Malo Mart and he won't let you buy anything unless you win a shooting gallery mini-game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Nintendo's shops not having virtual shopkeepers like Beedle or Wario is a huge missed opportunity

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Looper posted:

Nintendo's shops not having virtual shopkeepers like Beedle or Wario is a huge missed opportunity

I'd want to buy enough games just to get the Complimentary Card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

The 3DS eshop has a cute mascot

• Locked thread