Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Looper posted:

Nintendo's shops not having virtual shopkeepers like Beedle or Wario is a huge missed opportunity

arcade bunny...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Please make Rusty the official Nintendo store-keeper.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bring back Nester

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

nabbit is in charge of the nintendo store, for being so cool and cute

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Duck Hunt Dog shows up and points at you and laughs when your credit card is declined.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

When you try and buy Metroid for the seventh time:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The real reason for the console name revealed

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

"Nintendo Bankrupt after Digital Hound goes Dollars for Donuts"

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cowcaster posted:

june is end boss month

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ometeotl posted:

The letter by letter search is the most baffling design.

What's more baffling is that they use it in all their interfaces. It's easily the worst part of Playstation Vue, a product that has no shortage of baffling design decisions.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Does anyone have the quotes about horses being insanely stupid and taking any excuse to kill themselves, whether it being from scaring themselves to death or seeing their own reflection and just dropping dead

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Invictus posted:

Does anyone have the quotes about horses being insanely stupid and taking any excuse to kill themselves, whether it being from scaring themselves to death or seeing their own reflection and just dropping dead

Requested so often it's the second post in the funny quote thread. Unfortunately that person left out the non-Ruddha interjection about how horses are so dumb that if you ride them for laps around a track they will get spooked by the exact same thing every time.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 1, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I mean it could be because two things can suck at the same time. Sony's increasingly baffling, barely working store is bad, as is Nintendo's. Sony's is more aggravating because on PS3 it was bad then they got it to a place where it was fine then they broke it they just keep making it worse while the Nintendo store's have always felt anemic and hard to navigate in the same ways.

Nintendo's store ain't great, but it's nowhere near as bad as Sony's. I haven't ever had a problem finding something I want either on the 3DS or Wii U eshops, the only real problem is that it's annoyingly slow.
If I think about it though, I can't think of a game storefront I actually like. I guess Steam and the Xbox 360 Marketplace were the least bad, but I hesitate to call them good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

raditts posted:

If I think about it though, I can't think of a game storefront I actually like. I guess Steam and the Xbox 360 Marketplace were the least bad, but I hesitate to call them good.

Yeah, it must be hard to design, because the part of the whole experience in which I exchange money always seems like it has the most hurdles and the worst UI. I'd rather look for an individual alchemy ingredient in my endgame Witcher 3 file.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Finally Racist Mario's reign of terror will come to an end:

quote:

We’ve heard loud and clear from the creator community and from advertisers that YouTube needs to broaden our advertiser-friendly guidelines around a few additional types of content. We’ve responded by adding new guidelines to take a tougher stance on:

-Inappropriate use of family entertainment characters: Content that depicts family entertainment characters engaged in violent, sexual, vile, or otherwise inappropriate behavior, even if done for comedic or satirical purposes.

Or I guess this is more about those "Elsa and Spider-Man make a baby while Goofy with a gigantic rear end watches" videos that kids just marathon on YouTube now a days.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

haveblue posted:

Requested so often it's the second post in the funny quote thread. Unfortunately that person left out the non-Ruddha interjection about how horses are so dumb that if you ride them for laps around a track they will get spooked by the exact same thing every time.
God, yes. It is easily the funniest thing I have ever read on the internet in 20ish years and I couldn't find it from googling

Thank you so much, takes a bit of the depression off from Trump loving things up for the US yet again

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Vile behavior" is kind of a broad phrase, isn't it

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Please protect your Radio Waves people

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

precision posted:

post good video game horses

https://twitter.com/bonerman_inc/status/801617319386460160

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm interested in seeing how the kids of today, or rather the literal babies too young for preschool who are growing up watching these videos all day are gonna look back on this era when they get older. Like they'll start getting interested in previous Mickey Mouse cartoons and can't seem to find the ones from when they were infants. The ones where Mickey is married to Minnie and their child is kidnapped by a Joker Mickey Mouse who attempts to stick a needle in the baby but gets killed instead. Or the one where the baby gets his head caught in an elevator.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

WELCOME TO THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrsL6YFvY1M

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think it's fine to ban punching people in big robot suits and killing their friend Zero.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Finally Racist Mario's reign of terror will come to an end:

Or I guess this is more about those "Elsa and Spider-Man make a baby while Goofy with a gigantic rear end watches" videos that kids just marathon on YouTube now a days.

Slowbeef did it again.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'm interested in seeing how the kids of today, or rather the literal babies too young for preschool who are growing up watching these videos all day are gonna look back on this era when they get older. Like they'll start getting interested in previous Mickey Mouse cartoons and can't seem to find the ones from when they were infants. The ones where Mickey is married to Minnie and their child is kidnapped by a Joker Mickey Mouse who attempts to stick a needle in the baby but gets killed instead. Or the one where the baby gets his head caught in an elevator.

Actual creepypastas

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

a copy of kingdom hearts but as u play mickey mouses eyes bleed more and more until eh dies

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jack is p cool and I respect that he had the tenacity to do that for a whole hour

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

it's my job to flag youtubes for "sensitive content" and these are still the weirdest, most offputting things in the world that i still had to say were okay because they didn't technically violate the guidelines

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

I finally beat it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Gross.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If I'm reading this MGSV message correctly, by not having PS+ I can be invaded but can't in turn invade others or protect my FOBs? Is there basically any point to having the FOB feature (rather, staying online), then? Cause I'm never going to get PS+.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That base defend poo poo is stupid and boring anyway.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Hello, Tekken 7 is Very Good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nate RFB posted:

If I'm reading this MGSV message correctly, by not having PS+ I can be invaded but can't in turn invade others or protect my FOBs? Is there basically any point to having the FOB feature (rather, staying online), then? Cause I'm never going to get PS+.

It greatly increases your available storage for materials and development points or whatever they're called, and some extremely late-game equipment costs more than you can actually even store with an offline-only save. Which is ridiculous and stupid but it doesn't matter in the slightest so feel free to ignore it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I only played the first original one. How many are there all together? The others were bad, right? (At least worse than the first.)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The gex games are all pretty good and I found them funny back in the day but now I absolutely dread the thought of hearing that drat gecko's voice ever again

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also if you play the games now you are going to have zero clue what the gently caress he's talking about, because Gex games are specific to the day and date of their release.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
A new Gex would just be Harambe and Emoji jokes today

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

IT'S TAIL TIME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Grapplejack posted:

Also if you play the games now you are going to have zero clue what the gently caress he's talking about, because Gex games are specific to the day and date of their release.

If you were alive when the game came out this is thankfully not true as most people have a longer memory than that of a goldfish.

edit: This of course still does not imply it would be funny

• Locked thread