Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

CJacobs posted:

The gex games are all pretty good and I found them funny back in the day but now I absolutely dread the thought of hearing that drat gecko's voice ever again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-17-qzIGslA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Sounds like some of you weren't watching Gextra Life

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CksQPb-nYtQ

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHXUylYJy8

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh cool, youtube found away to appease IP farms even harder. RIP harmless funny poo poo like this

https://youtu.be/Ih323XXu_3w

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

https://youtu.be/BgBa2UGKG7k

Edit: Yeah, all of these new YouTube vague guidelines that make it super easy for advertisers to dictate content are suuuuper dumb.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Youtube is going to slowly turn into a platform that only serves ads.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mutata posted:

I only played the first original one. How many are there all together? The others were bad, right? (At least worse than the first.)

As they say, first is the worst, second is the best, third is the one with the hairy chest

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

That's capitalism

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

CJacobs posted:

It greatly increases your available storage for materials and development points or whatever they're called, and some extremely late-game equipment costs more than you can actually even store with an offline-only save. Which is ridiculous and stupid but it doesn't matter in the slightest so feel free to ignore it.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't in a situation where I could not actually protect my FOB with security forces because I didn't have PS+.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

OneDeadman posted:

A new Gex would just be Harambe and Emoji jokes today

i doubt it would be that good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

The only ad i ever get is fire emblem iphone game and its so annoying.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the only ads i get are for eu4 expansions and i always watch them and woot softly

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nate RFB posted:

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't in a situation where I could not actually protect my FOB with security forces because I didn't have PS+.

You actually are in that situation, yes. You can be invaded but you can't take any of the retaliation or defense steps.

edit: It might still let you set up a defense line using your soldiers etc but I'm not sure. That won't stop anyone from jacking your poo poo, though, because guards can be pretty easy to evade on the base (lots of stuff to hide behind etc).

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 2, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The worst was during election season where for some reason I kept on getting served YouTube ads from the NRA and "Veterans show you the truth about Benghazi" for some reason

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

CJacobs posted:

You actually are in that situation, yes. You can be invaded but you can't take any of the retaliation or defense steps.
So even the crap I can buy like cameras and infrared junk isn't going to get implemented?

Guess I can just hope that most people have stopped playing MGSV at this point.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why not use adblock

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is YouTube Ads Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Install Adblock Like Nigga Block Your Scripts Haha

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Do they make Adblock for the YouTube Android app

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nate RFB posted:

So even the crap I can buy like cameras and infrared junk isn't going to get implemented?

Guess I can just hope that most people have stopped playing MGSV at this point.

It does put that stuff up, yeah, but it's all borderline useless unless you have super high grade S-tier soldiers or whathaveyou that can just annihilate people before they can even move. The real way to stop people is to defend the base yourself in person... which you can't do, so all your stuff is gonna get jacked. Have fun! :downs:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dunno if my phone/tablet can use adblock

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

CJacobs posted:

It does put that stuff up, yeah, but it's all borderline useless unless you have super high grade S-tier soldiers or whathaveyou that can just annihilate people before they can even move. The real way to stop people is to defend the base yourself in person... which you can't do, so all your stuff is gonna get jacked. Have fun! :downs:
Probably worth at least grabbing the insurance once I build it up a bit.

This game got kind of dumb real fast!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mutata posted:

https://youtu.be/BgBa2UGKG7k

Edit: Yeah, all of these new YouTube vague guidelines that make it super easy for advertisers to dictate content are suuuuper dumb.

the guidelines are not at all vague fwiw

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Do not play the base minigame in MGSV

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do not play the base minigame in MGSV

You have no choice. You used to be able to just back out of the menu and not have to build an FOB via ignoring the tutorial prompt, but they patched it so you can't anymore. Thankfully, most people are never going to have enough resources to actually appear on the majority of players' invasion target lists.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do they make Adblock for the YouTube Android app

Firefox for Android lets you install add-ons including ad blockers an while Google took adblock off of the Google Play store you can still download it from their site. Granted it's kind of pain because you have mess with ports and poo poo but it's still there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is YouTube Ads Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Install Adblock Like Nigga Block Your Scripts Haha

Can i do it on i phone?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

YouTube on PC vs on mobile/Smart TV app is such a different experience.

On PC I have no ads and no bullshit but on TV it's "watch this ad for at least 15 seconds" crap. Bonus points for playing ads for horror movies when I've put on a Wiggles playlist for my daughter :bravo:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

the guidelines are not at all vague fwiw

Yeah, there's a lot of room for interpretation there and lol if you think advertisers aren't gonna take a mile for every inch, fwiw.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I had no idea SilvaGunner started uploading again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_hHl_i1mw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tekken 7 immediately bummed me out.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

In Training posted:

Tekken 7 immediately bummed me out.
What happened?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no tutorials or anything. Also the online is basically SFV with Tekken gameplay at the other end, so I'm willing to put up with it but it suckssssssss assssss

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

At least Tekken 7 has a story mode :shobon:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Can i do it on i phone?

I switched from chrome to Firefox on my pixel so I could use ublock origin and now every webpage loads way faster without having to load 10 million ads on every page. It's wonderful.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Aaaaagh when the hell's La-Mulana 2 :ssj:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CJacobs posted:

You have no choice. You used to be able to just back out of the menu and not have to build an FOB via ignoring the tutorial prompt, but they patched it so you can't anymore. Thankfully, most people are never going to have enough resources to actually appear on the majority of players' invasion target lists.

I thought you could just back out of the going online prompt when you first start the game, it's what I did and I never had to worry about FOB stuff.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I wake up with a 170 dollar hole in my pocket every day wondering that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you want to play gex 2, but don't want to hear dana gould, there is a simple solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snLHww88jzw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Still getting updates, and it's gotten to the point where they're placing assets into the planned positions and they avoid showing too much to avoid spoilers, so at least it seems like it's going alright still.

I don't think there's a set date still, though, so... yeah.

• Locked thread