Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Sure late to the party on this but I finally finished Prey.

YEP.

Really loved that game, there was one segment in the middle of about 3-4 hours that dragged really hard, but unlike SS2 it has a great final act. Gonna have to play it again sometime just to mess around with everything else I didn't do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

There's no tutorials or anything. Also the online is basically SFV with Tekken gameplay at the other end, so I'm willing to put up with it but it suckssssssss assssss

Xrd always first in our hearts

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is RE7 banned footage any good?

Also what happened to the not a hero dlc they advertise after the ending? Doesn't seem to exist.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Pigbuster posted:

Still getting updates, and it's gotten to the point where they're placing assets into the planned positions and they avoid showing too much to avoid spoilers, so at least it seems like it's going alright still.

I don't think there's a set date still, though, so... yeah.

I know, I backed it, I get the updates... I'm just, watching someone playing La-Mulana blind and I so badly want to experience that kind of thing again and it's been three years argh

Plus I'm more into Norse mythology than Mesopotamian, etc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even though there's some layers of annoyance to play T7...holy poo poo this game is fun. It also seems much easier to learn than a anime game

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tekken always had the Virtua Fighter problem for me, where something about the animations makes everything feel sluggish, even though the actual gameplay isn't slow at all.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Tekken always had the Virtua Fighter problem for me, where something about the animations makes everything feel sluggish, even though the actual gameplay isn't slow at all.

It has lots of built in lag on purpose. More than a 2d game could get away with

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

MysticalMachineGun posted:

YouTube on PC vs on mobile/Smart TV app is such a different experience.

On PC I have no ads and no bullshit but on TV it's "watch this ad for at least 15 seconds" crap. Bonus points for playing ads for horror movies when I've put on a Wiggles playlist for my daughter :bravo:

For some reason I only ever get like really creepy baby/pregnancy ads and I'm both confused and horrified. It makes me pray for a mobile adblock

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I just pony up for YT Red and say nuts to the whole goddamn thing :shobon:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I know that technically all video games are about spending enormous amounts of time on something with little to no result but I think fighting games might be the epitome of that. I lost 120 times to the same boss fight in Injustice 2, and this is after spending at least fifteen hours training with this one specific character. Then I played some Tekken 7 and lost 20 times on the same story fight. I turned on babby story assist mode just to get through it and did even worse and lost another 40 times. I have a terrible headache and my hands feel all gross and sweaty

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
...and the external drive for my PS4 failed again and it wants me to format it again. I didn't even get all that much installed this time. I got this thing less than a month ago so I think I might have got a bad drive. Really right now I'm trying to think if I should be dumb and give it one more chance, replace it or just return it and give up on the idea of having vast amounts of space on my PS4 for the time being.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
So apparently there's a Life is Strange prequel by a different developer. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-01-looks-like-theres-a-life-is-strange-prequel-for-some-reason

I for one can't wait for Square to run one of their new IPs straight into the ground. Going to be talking about Life/Strange final remix the Hellaing in like 5 years.

edit: Like does square even have that many IPs in like the last decade.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jun 2, 2017

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Life is Strange 3.8 Dolby: B-Side/Sessions

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Oh hey there was just a La-Mulana 2 update an hour ago

oh, Mjölnir's in. That's it. :effort:

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
All you do in the Life is Strange prequel is buy and fully watch Spirits Within, over and over again.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Oh hey there was just a La-Mulana 2 update an hour ago

oh, Mjölnir's in. That's it. :effort:

As in the weapon or is that the name of something else in the game

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

As in the weapon or is that the name of something else in the game

The hammer.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's la-mulana 2 about anyway, is it just an entirely separate series of ruins or what

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

quote:

Eg-Lana, known as the other side of the La-Mulana ruins, was once used as a penal colony by nearby settlers.

It is a place full of evil, malice, and hate...

Can Lumisa solve the mystery of Eg-Lana?

Lumisa is Lemeza's... relative?? and the areas are based on Norse mythology.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jun 2, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Is RE7 banned footage any good?

Also what happened to the not a hero dlc they advertise after the ending? Doesn't seem to exist.

It's delayed because 'it wasn't up their quality standards' (Capcom so it must have been bad) and there's no word of an actual release date yet.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
nothing turns me off some streamer's videos like the "HEYYYYYY GUYS AND GIRLS THIS IS YA BOY PRECISION WITH ANOTHER MASTER CLASS SPEED RUN NO ITEM FINAL DESTINATION INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO SHOUT OUT TO MY SPONSOR SHITBOX"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

and the areas are based on Norse mythology.

Wait, just Norse mythology? That seems like it'd be a bit limiting given La-Mulana's grander scope

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've always understood SHITBOX to be a good company, what's wrong with them

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

So apparently there's a Life is Strange prequel by a different developer. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-01-looks-like-theres-a-life-is-strange-prequel-for-some-reason

I for one can't wait for Square to run one of their new IPs straight into the ground. Going to be talking about Life/Strange final remix the Hellaing in like 5 years.

How would a prequel even work exactly? You'd still pretty much need a brand new cast for things to make sense (only other thing I could think of would be to make it about Rachel Amber, revealing that she had time powers too. Though looking at the preview images that would appear to be the case). Seems like a weird thing to do but I suppose it could be interesting if handled right.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 2, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

SirKibbles posted:

Don't worry. They'll shutter the IP and send Dontnod packing after it fails to sell 50 million copies within the first quarter.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They only do that for genuinely unsuccessful stuff like Hitman.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

They only do that for genuinely unsuccessful stuff like Hitman.

I wonder if people didnt buy hitman after the preorder debacle and early access release structure were announced and then didnt buy it when it was out cause they watched hours of content online that they knew was much more creative and funny than they would be.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Good morning, gamers. Last night Salvatore mailed me the gem I was waiting for in Phantom Hourglass, at long last, and I used it to power up the wisdom fairy. Tonight I'm going to stream Horizon Zero Dawn and make some honey rhubarb chicken. Then Saturday, I am going to try to get through most of the rest of Phantom Hourglass and make some lettuce steak cups, and on Sunday, my brother is coming over and we will play Final Fantasy 15, and maybe in the morning I'll visit my grandfather, my other brother, and my niece for their weekly breakfast. It's a good weekend for games, food and family.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I wonder if people didnt buy hitman after the preorder debacle and early access release structure were announced and then didnt buy it when it was out cause they watched hours of content online that they knew was much more creative and funny than they would be.

Absolution was also really disappointing and that usually affects the sequels more than the bad game itself.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I bought Sonic Lost World of Humble Bundle for 5 bucks and I'm going to pre-order and love the poo poo out of Sonic Mania.

I am what's wrong with gaming today.

gotta go faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I really don't think Sonic is good but I am glad that people enjoy him still.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Lost World is pretty fun actually and Mania looks good

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I think I'm done with Saint's Row 2. I'm on a mission where you're supposed to shoot helicopters, except the second one just disappears shortly after spawning. Like, you drive under a bridge and then on the other side, no helicopter. Google turned up the same problem for other people but no advice other than 'keep doing it until it works.' It's really not fun to have to wait for the mission timer to run out every time.

I'm already kind of down on the game because of how you're forced to do the sidequests in between every main mission. I know these games are designed for loving around but having it be basically mandatory is painful when all I want to do is play the story. It's been alright up to this point but I'm not exactly sucked in enough to want to put up with the unfun parts.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SirKibbles posted:

I don't trust that they're going to do a good job, most of all because the setting and characters of Life is Strange ver. 1 don't need to be revisited. I'm going to use the fact that it's being developed by a different studio as my excuse for saying it doesn't really count when I inevitably buy the game and play it anyway.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I don't trust that they're going to do a good job, most of all because the setting and characters of Life is Strange ver. 1 don't need to be revisited. I'm going to use the fact that it's being developed by a different studio as my excuse for saying it doesn't really count when I inevitably buy the game and play it anyway.

Yeah, this doesn't really feel like a story that needs to be told as I felt Life is Strange already told us as much as we needed to know regarding Chloe and Rachel's relationship (plus even if they do add some supernatural elements in we already pretty much know how the game's going to end). It might turn out decent and I'm willing to reserve judgement until I actually get a chance to try it but it just seems unnecessary to me.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ahhh the stupid voice-acted movies/DVDs in Persona 5 lol

I love it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Larryb posted:

Yeah, this doesn't really feel like a story that needs to be told as I felt Life is Strange already told us as much as we needed to know regarding Chloe and Rachel's relationship (plus even if they do add some supernatural elements in we already pretty much know how the game's going to end). It might turn out decent and I'm willing to reserve judgement until I actually get a chance to try it but it just seems unnecessary to me.

If Ashly Burch and whoever voiced Frank are back on board then I will be, too. If they get replacement VAs then no freaking way (until I buy it).

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

precision posted:

nothing turns me off some streamer's videos like the "HEYYYYYY GUYS AND GIRLS THIS IS YA BOY PRECISION WITH ANOTHER MASTER CLASS SPEED RUN NO ITEM FINAL DESTINATION INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO SHOUT OUT TO MY SPONSOR SHITBOX"

i wont listen to any podcast that starts with an ad. have some loving dignity jesus loving christ

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is Fall of Cybertron good, assuming I remember liking War for Cybertron but it's been a while since I played it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

If Ashly Burch and whoever voiced Frank are back on board then I will be, too. If they get replacement VAs then no freaking way (until I buy it).

Frank was voiced by a guy named Daniel Bonjour. I'm guessing most of the voice cast would be pretty easy to get back if they needed them (Though Burch was one of the few voice actors in the game that actually had some acting experience prior to Life is Strange). Also by all accounts most of them seem to have enjoyed the experience (in fact, I think a few of them even did a playthrough of the game that's up on Youtube somewhere).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 2, 2017

• Locked thread