Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Games coming out this month

Tekken 7 (PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNmkcYt0LP4

Dark Rose Valkyrie (PS4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXE6pZmmerI

Wipeout Omega Collection (PS4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsTMJytt9A

Dirt 4 (PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qWTd2J8kk

Arms (Switch)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC9tQ2dRGq4

Ever Oasis
(3DS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fsPHrBtzAw

Valkyria Revolution (PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Xbox One)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWaldyiuUVY

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
(PlayStation 4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tSpxblKUqM

Also E3 is this month and while there is another thread for it, here's the press conference schedule
EA: Saturday, June 10 at 12 PM PT
Microsoft: Sunday, June 11 at 2 PM PT
Bethesda: Sunday, June 11 at 7 PM PT
Ubisoft: Monday, June 12 at 1 PM PT
Sony: Monday, June 12 at 6 PM PT
Nintendo: June 13th at 9 AM PT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Bicyclops posted:

My roommate had the Playstation 3 version of this, it was actually a pretty fun strategy game. I might get it if I ever actually finish the games I own.

I think you're thinking of Valkyria Chronicles (which already has a PS4 port). This is a sequel that is an action RPG for some reason, because Sega wasn't content with just killing the Shining series by making a previously amazing strategy rpg into a mediocre action rpg.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In my list of notable games coming out this month I forgot this:
Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AEQDo9A3TY

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

june is end boss month

As in it has a whole lot of hype but ultimately it's disappointing and lacks any real substance?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don't know why people make a point of saying the Nintendo store interface is bad when the PS4 store interface is literally the worst console storefront I have ever seen and I have to just ignore it in favor of the website.

I mean it could be because two things can suck at the same time. Sony's increasingly baffling, barely working store is bad, as is Nintendo's. Sony's is more aggravating because on PS3 it was bad then they got it to a place where it was fine then they broke it they just keep making it worse while the Nintendo store's have always felt anemic and hard to navigate in the same ways.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

I haven't used the Switch store though, it might be really bad

The Switch store is fine but that's mainly because it's entire library can fit on one screen.

The Nintendo stores can be weird. They're bad but not in ways that are as blatantly obvious as the Sony store. Like the Wii U one would rearrange the buttons every week and sometimes there wouldn't be a new release section at all. the 3DS store also has problems where you can't really tell if a game will have 3D or not and there being no standard for trailers or screenshots. The search function also tends to be not that great and it can be really hard to find a game that isn't featured in some way. Also, while people like to complain every week the PS store has a bad sale, the Nintendo store almost never has good sales ever and they tend to mainly feature the type of shovelware you thought died with the Wii.

As I said, it's not that the Sony store isn't a mess (I don't know how the video function on game pages ever works there) but it still doesn't make Nintendo's store setups good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
...and the external drive for my PS4 failed again and it wants me to format it again. I didn't even get all that much installed this time. I got this thing less than a month ago so I think I might have got a bad drive. Really right now I'm trying to think if I should be dumb and give it one more chance, replace it or just return it and give up on the idea of having vast amounts of space on my PS4 for the time being.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I have thousands of hours of video footage of people blaming others for losing at fighting games.

Yes and every one of those people is just lashing out because deep down they know they have failed and can't accept that.

Y'know, in general I think I'm a happier more accepting of flawed games person for the ironic reason that I assume that I suck when I'm sucking rather than assuming it's the game or other person's fault.

Jay Rust posted:

I haven't actively been looking but I haven't noticed any Pokemon Go players for a while! It's basically summer, get out there Pokemaniacs!

I think the trend might have passed.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
By the way, I'm not sure if it's been brought up here but if you want to go see the SOny E3 conference live in theaters, tickets are up here
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2017/e3experience/

It's honestly usually pretty good, especially because Sony have slowly realized they should just shut the gently caress up and show games and you usually get some free PSN funbux along with some other useless digital tat.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

would be pretty good schadenfreude if one of the theaters' air conditioning breaks down. all that nerd sweat. all of it.

...um, ok?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Now you're just acting weird. Are you ok?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Really, I just bring my phone or 3DS and ignore the screen during the down time. Last year was very short on down time though. Really it was worth it just to be in a crowd reacting when Kojima's name came up. The year before had the double whammy of the FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 reveals and it was pretty amazing to just see the theaters explode in excitement.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

also why is there a special yogurt that makes you poop

Apparently it didn't. The entire thing was a lie they made up for some reason and got sued over it which is why your don't hear about that yogurt anymore.

Fun food lawsuit fact: Subway tried to argue that a "foot long" was slang for sandwich rather than an indication of actual size. They did not win that lawsuit.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Unrelated to food but related to lawsuits, I like right now Warner Brothers has a lawsuit where they essentially need to prove ghosts exist in order to win.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

What lawsuit is that?

Basically they're being sued over making The Conjuring 2 by a guy who wrote about The Warrens around the time of the events and signs a contract to have the exclusive rights to that story. Warner Brothers is arguing that because it's based on true events, you can't claim ownership of the story. The guy is arguing back that it's not based on a true story because the Warren'\s were con artists and there's no such things as ghost. So yeah, essentially to prove their case, WB has to prove that it is possible for the events of The Conjuring 2 to be true which means proving ghosts exist.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

What.... did you sell? :stare:

They don't call him King slime for nothing :wink:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I would be all for Roadhog getting that outfit though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
N-no! What are you doing???

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

it's fun to poo poo on notch, because he is a total fuckhead who deserves to be poo poo on.

I can see that but usually you poo poo on people for reasons that include why they're bad rather than making up a reason that you think maybe he's bad and then making GBS threads on him because of that. Like that post seems to be the equivalent "I hope they make it so you can't kick puppies in Minecraft because I bet Notch loves kicking puppies and that'd piss him off!"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

normally i lump kotaku articles in with buzzfeed as internet garbage but as someone who's been really curious for a post-mortem of mass effect andromeda since it washed up on the beach wrapped in plastic this is a good read

I think it is like Buzzfeed that it is mostly awful garbage but with all those resources they some how have, they once in a great while will do something good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God drat that game that is totally not Meat Boy 2 looks amazing. Hopefully they get good music, unlike the later releases of SMB (and to a lesser degree the later released of BoI).

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I thought Dust was alright but got worse as it went with the last area being miserable

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
They confirmed that Vanillaware mech game is coming to the way so you have that!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It took me too long to realize that Futaba in Persona 5 looks exactly like a more anime version of the Squid Girl from Splatoon.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

What's the name of that condition that makes you see other people as Sonic 06 NPCs?

Sonicthesia

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I pretty much spent all day playing Persona 5 and it's a very good game that I like a lot so far.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

I hope Sonys is just *SHOW game for whole show*

Same. It's what they did last year so hopefully they learned that is the thing to do

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I liked the Sony E3 where they made fun of the Xbox One by announcing that the PS4 had basic features like playing offline and letting friends borrow your games

The best part about that was they just sort of casually slipped in PS+ was required for online now but the owning on MS was so hard that it took like a day for people even to notice. Like I bet they were wracking their brains trying to figure out how they would get gamers to swallow that bitter pill and MS just handed them the opportunity.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to the traditional "Microsoft underwhelms everybody followed by Ubi putting on a show so bad that you partially suspect they're doing it on purpose at this point" day

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Bethesda is after Microsoft, Ubi isn't until tomorrow evening.

My bad I guess it's "Microsoft underwhelms everybody followed by Bethesda underwhelming you so much that it makes the MS conference look exciting" day

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Maybe Bethesda will once again revive an old IP and it will look underwhelming at best and end up being really good. They've managed that two years in a row now.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Had MS every had a good E3?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Dave Mira's X Box One XXX

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Did MS say if the bonex will have it's own games or if it will be a pspro deal? Last I heard it was the latter but that was awhile ago and they at times have been really vague when pressed

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Here thread, have some anime

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Is this real

Yep, and the girl in the upper left corner is the main character from Code of Princess (if you remember that game)

Edit: Honestly the game looks pretty underwhelming, but it was cool to see those two in a fighting game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU7jOgZFTjM

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 12, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Anyways, my plans for the day are to go to my local cinema and see the new Alien movie and then see the Sony Press Conference. Will today be a day of joy, horrible disappointment or and interesting combination of both? Only time will tell!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

Fake scientology was in watch dogs 2 I think

It was definitely in GTA5

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006