Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Point still stands.

I love gravies with mashed potatoes or fries but it just doesn't work for me on flour-based foods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just ate pork chops and brown rice. It was pretty good.

Now that I'm playing fighting games a bunch, video games are no longer affecting my food choices as much as when I was playing, say, Persona 5

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I felt pretty bad when my local taco truck raised their prices from $1 a taco to $2.50

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The one cuisine I can't seem to really get into is French, which is ironic considering many regard it as elite. They even mess up their coffee

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK, I guess I have to walk it back a little, French bakeries are amazing.

But anything else... eh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There is a French bakery down the street from me that I haven't been to in a while. I guess I know what I'm doing this week.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Flipping" good, you say

https://giant.gfycat.com/OblongAmpleCranefly.webm

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hate Eurocentrism so much.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I want to divest myself of physical media but I am just adding more. Just bought the disc version of Injustice 2 after renting it.

I still have the first one on disc and any place that would take it would not give enough for the effort of selling it off

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

The actress who plays Wonder woman is hot

Lynda Carter :allears:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Almost all the youtube reviewers I've seen of Injustice 2 said they liked the story mode. It's all pretty ridiculous to me and I just kind of tuned out since I don't even recognize half the cast, but it's whatever. A bunch of superheroes are gonna beat each other up, how complex can it really ever get.

I don't really care about the Injustice story mode as a story, it just happens to be a more structured way to introduce a bunch of the cast while still being relatively entertaining. With the first Injustice I basically went through each chapter, saw what character it was going to be, then did their STAR Labs missions and an arcade run before going back to the story.

I actually thought the STAR Labs missions were better for that, actually. They had some dumb minigame ones but also some good challenges that were tailored to each character -- using projectiles for zoning characters, practicing parries, stringing together combos, etc. I wish Injustice 2 had custom towers for each character, you get them randomly in Multiverse but the challenges are more generic.

SoulCalibur's Edge Master Mode is still the gold standard of single-player fighting game modes though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Scarecrow is cool because his super move is that messed-up level from the Arkham Asylum game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Civ has always been my game that I put on when I want to chill and then eventually get sucked in and ends up being the most mentally taxing thing I've done that day

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The association between fighting games and weed seems pretty strong.

Wipeout seems more of a psychedelics/X game but you could probably make it work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsTMJytt9A

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I played Prey on PS4 at release and thought it was fine.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am terrible at console FPSes so I really, honestly could not tell that there was anything wrong with Prey's controls, they felt as muddy as every other console shooter I've played.

Real hurthling! posted:

at launch the aiming was sluggish. they fixed that by adding extreme screen tearing, stutter, and a bug that cuts off a quarter of your fov permanently if you use the inventory until you load a new area.

But that sounds terrible, Arkane why :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Stay hydrated.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

It's better for your blood pressure if you just ignore people like this

edit

And besides, boycotts for video games have always meant nothing

Much respect to the guy in the list playing Audiosurf

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

A lot of people find No Man's Sky to be the answer to this

Jay Rust posted:

What are some of your favourite games to play to just chillax?

Also it currently has an order of magnitude more players than Battleborn

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Speaking of things that are mystifying, it does boggle my mind that the response of some people to a bad game coming out is sending personal death threats to the developer. Or, hell, sending death threats to a guy who wrote a preview about that game once

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wasn't the netcode for that game really bad? That seems like a big deal for what's basically a fighting game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am glad that Arms is coming out so that if I get a Switch I can continue on my fighting game kick away from my PC and PS4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Multi-platform releases will always sell more than platform exclusives.

I am guessing that's how NieR: Automata sold over a million

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The trade press in film industry has been able to report on film earnings with relative accuracy for over a century, yet video game sales numbers are still determined by black magic and Sean Spicer-levels of press obfuscation

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I always thought that Ubi made Far Cry Primal, a game where you play a prehistoric shamanistic warrior who bonds with animals and rides a bear, in order to undercut Wild, a game where you play a prehistoric shamanistic warrior who bonds with animals and rides a bear

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 are both very good :)

Also I have the Wipeout Collection coming in if I can pull myself away from either of those

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

precision posted:

my wife just got to Futaba and wants to date her

in the game I mean

I'm a lucky fellow, I dunno what I did to deserve her

That should be a moment that calls for some introspection.

Have you ever said "kek" out loud in real life

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Tekken has no tutorial and 100 moves per character.

Injustice is much more a casual game with good modes for single play but you can get injustice 1 for like 5 bucks now to see if you like it cause its essentially the same game but with loot and graphics

I would watch the top 8 of some competitive fighting game event streams (Combo Breaker happened a couple weeks ago, CEO is the next big one in a week), you can see if that looks cool or fun to you at no cost.

No matter what single player options they have, fighting games are definitely a "make your own fun" kind of thing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hit the button you use for boost while you are in cover

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The game features hackers and corporate espionage, this is a setup for an ARG

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Reality TV", Bubsy is certainly on the spot with cutting-edge social satire

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3i8k0XFMFk

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Erata posted:

Knack getting buried by Bubsy is the best thing to happen to video games this year.

Knack 2 full E3 trailer will be hype, I don't know what you're talking about. Need that release date

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think that ARMS looks like it might be the game to convince me to buy a Switch (since Zelda is technically also on the Wii U).

I hope that they have a bundle for that or at least the retailers can restock the consoles to coincide with that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I played exactly one fighting game for any real length of time from 2000 to May 2017.

I will have played three in June 2017, if you count ARMS as a fighting game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xErfUvB7NI

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Looks more like Paz Pacifica Ocean to me

Man, Peace Walker was when Kojima crossed the line with character names

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Like he just straight-up names a character Dr. Strangelove. Also there's a semi-major character that has the same name and appearance as a Konami employee

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The name Pacifica Ocean just really bugs me. And then the game is like, isn't it ironic that she's actually not peaceful at all!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

how important is upgrading weapons to beating vanquish? because i find the upgrade system infuriating and the one machinegun i managed to coax up a few levels through it i accidentally dropped immediately before triggering a chapter break.

Upgrades are not on the individual weapon but will transfer to all weapons you pick up of that same type. However, you lose an upgrade level the first time you die in an encounter.

The max upgrade bonus is something ridiculously good like +40% firepower

• Locked thread