Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played four swords 2 players once. My friend was a dickhead the whole time tho so it wasnt that fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

I haven't used the Switch store though, it might be really bad

No music so yeah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Youtube is going to slowly turn into a platform that only serves ads.

The only ad i ever get is fire emblem iphone game and its so annoying.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is YouTube Ads Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Install Adblock Like Nigga Block Your Scripts Haha

Can i do it on i phone?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

There's no tutorials or anything. Also the online is basically SFV with Tekken gameplay at the other end, so I'm willing to put up with it but it suckssssssss assssss

Xrd always first in our hearts

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is RE7 banned footage any good?

Also what happened to the not a hero dlc they advertise after the ending? Doesn't seem to exist.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Tekken always had the Virtua Fighter problem for me, where something about the animations makes everything feel sluggish, even though the actual gameplay isn't slow at all.

It has lots of built in lag on purpose. More than a 2d game could get away with

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

They only do that for genuinely unsuccessful stuff like Hitman.

I wonder if people didnt buy hitman after the preorder debacle and early access release structure were announced and then didnt buy it when it was out cause they watched hours of content online that they knew was much more creative and funny than they would be.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nate RFB posted:

The last fighting game I bought was Soul Calibur II on the Gamecube, because it had Link in it.

Links appear in many fighting games but i prefer gatlings

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

On that fighting game note, I was glad to find the goon fighting game discord and see that a bunch of insiders were circle-jerk heckling posts I had made in both the Injustice and Tekken threads, feels great

Hazing builds brotherhood

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Final bosses...fighting games...

Fighting game final bosses are good, sometimes? They can't be cheaters first of all, that's like rule number one in making a good fighting game final boss.

I love when fighting game ai combines poo poo like reading inputs and doing charge moves without charging.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

All those busted rear end SNK final boss god enemies that were programmed to be functionally unbeatable and just take quarters are cool

I am omega Rugals bitch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Guilty Gear's is good.

It's

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The complete lack of info at all in the new game blows though

Im just gonna main like katarina or whatever and press 4 until something clicks with tougher chars

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

im doing something similar but just using Kazumi and spamming tigers

Let me know if you double dip one day and ill play you spam to spam. Or i guess we'll probably play local one day anyway

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arms is p good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I liked izalith ok but boc is bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Deadly premonitions combat levels are a perfect emulation of a bad dream where you are like really weak for some reason but also the technically scary things arent really that dangerous and it goes on forever until you finally wake up to pee

10/10

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

the only good united states brand america food is barbeque I.e. gigantic hunks of slow smoked meat. anything else is ubiquitously disgusting or stolen from non american heritages

Lemme just dig up the corpse of the grandma that brought her pizza recipe to ny fleeing prima notta or some other abuse at the hands of her feudal lord and tell her she sucks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lamb Vindaloo is cultural appropriation against Portuguese people and tikka masala against the english. When will these indian food racists be taken to heel?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Everything good in human history came from sharing and synthesis but now thats not cool or you'll get hate on twitter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Mocking perfectly normal food combinations that would taste good to anyone like the humble tuna casserole while holding up some other culture's working class food as artisanal masterpieces is why it costs $18 for a taco in Brooklyn and is hella elitist + ignorant.

Pick a better example than tuna casserole though. Like po boys or something that isnt a smelly puddle

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I have the jello cook book from the 60s and its really funny poo poo. The desserts are still great though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah this is in the jello book

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

Amazon has been doing their own trade-in thing for a while, too. I don't know if it's more or less predatory than GameStop, though.

I have purchased about 1000 dollars of games for only 300 dollars cost this year using amazon trade in. (Ive been keeping a running tally since january to test out if its worth it)

It would have been even lower if i didnt buy so many digital games and had more to sell back. With prime on top its a real decent deal if you arent a collector or game replayer. Im kinda a little nuts about ditching clutter and only hang onto a few really special games

Gamefly is probably better if you're trying to save money for real though. But you only get so many games at a time with them.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 5, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Monkey Fracas posted:

... I still have an old CRT TV hooked up in a corner for all the old consoles that I think look better on it. It's probably kinda a waste of space

Cheaper than a frame meister

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont care about story modes in fighters, i just want them to be good fighters but since the market has spoken and we have to have them i hope they do more than just play a movie until you get to mash against an ai

Fighting game story modes need to actually teach like the campaign of other games, like have the introductory scenes for featured characters be them demonstrating their moves or something to a pupil and having the player do really basic things. I think that would be more useful than dumping people in a lot of fights early on with passive ai and lots of different characters with no clue whats up.

Ive also thought that with 3d stages in most modern games it would be cool to explore using them as adventure game screens and sort of do a shenmue type thing of stringing fights together with puzzle solving and exploration of the details in a stage background

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BITCHERINO posted:

Prey is pretty loving fantastic

Its extremely broken on ps4 rn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BITCHERINO posted:

Thats your own goddAmn fault for playing a gaming masterpiece on an inferior system

i thought we were talking about precisions options my dude

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

at launch the aiming was sluggish. they fixed that by adding extreme screen tearing, stutter, and a bug that cuts off a quarter of your fov permanently if you use the inventory until you load a new area.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

[aside] check this out

didn't guilty gear just copy blaze blue

Bb is the game the devs made in a brief period when they didnt have the rights to make more gg. They have grown to be pretty distinct now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

did NMS ever patch the game so traversing and moving around doesn't feel like you're a loving garbage can with stumpy lovely legs and a jetpack that barely gets you anywhere unless you gimp the dashing jet jump

The game launched with a melee boost cancel that made moving fast but thats not what you mean i guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wasn't the netcode for that game really bad? That seems like a big deal for what's basically a fighting game

it was p2p and had issues but the better explanation is that it was a fighter that courted casual players hard and had nothing for them to stick around for, had no tournament scene to create interest or generate esports hype, and was an outsider to the traditional fighting game community that would normally support a fighter long term. They also lost a ton of people with their dlc scheme and they even had a weekend boycott organized against them by a few thousand players and that hurts i guess

Also the game is really bland thematically so the people that love characters cant even get attached. Like they released a game staring generic armor dudes in a genre that has been fueled by personality since streetfighter came out and they wonder why it has no legs.

Arms would be in a similar boat but people already want to gently caress the noodle girl so its gonna be a big deal for a while i bet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah im in at 19.99 in the holiday sale like seige last year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

Am I going to miss anything super important if I look up "worst episodes of season 2" and just skip those? I understand that there are a lot of callbacks in the new stuff but I don't generally see the value in spending hours on end watching something I don't enjoy.

Watch until you know the whole laura murder story and stop for a while. Once you bake in how epic it was for a while, watch the rest. Windham earl is at least entertaining and the end of the series is lynchs return so a lot of bad things disappear and theres a quality spike

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

The thing that worries me is that because Horizon was outsold by at least one other game then video game executives will see that as "You see? Non buff-white-dude protagonists just don't sell." I also assume they ignore the things Nintendo does because Nintendo is its own little world.

Horizon sold a million copies in the last 2 months (like 1/3rd of its sales) so its got staying power and holiday will probably be big spike too. its doing very good for new ip in context of that fact.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ancel is on it at least but who knows what comes out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Isn't he making his own game separately ?

Yes he half works for ubi and half not. Its weird. Hes also making ps4 exclusive Wild while making bge2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ometeotl posted:

Microsoft is strongly hinting that the Scorpio is going to release for $399. That'll put some pressure on Sony to drop the Pro's price.

Afaik that is just the editor of windows central's opinion. Unless youve seen a new souce in the last day or two.

Other rumors came out this week calling 499 the upper limit that ms is willing to price it at.

• Locked thread