Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

Does that really justify spending several hundred dollars more just for the prestigious honor of not waiting a few months for the price to become reasonable? It'd be nice if they could skip that part and just have them be reasonably priced to begin with.

They usually cant be cheaper until they sell enough to make an internal revision and get the economy of scale they need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

What if I told you the Scorpion360 will let you take Cortana out on a VR date? How much would you pay then?

Ms said this week vr/ar will be pc only from them for the foreseeable future.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dont argue pc vs console. June is for all gamers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

If they really don't care about console VR, maybe they'll add PSVR support to Minecraft.

They claim to be waiting for console vr until wireless consumer grade headsets are more viable

The scorpio will be on the way out by then

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Me too. With Slopes and a world map/playlist feature.

:yeah:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

Scuttlebutt is that if Nintendo ever makes another Advance Wars game it will have the dating sim bullshit that has taken over Fire Emblem which pretty much kills any interest I have in the idea.

Just skip through it all and dont worry about it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tekken is great

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

The one nice thing about having a PC nowadays is that you only need to maintain the update cycle if you care about AAA games. If you only care about indie games like I do then you're probably going to be good for a pretty dang long while. Still rocking the long in the tooth AMD Phenom II X4 955 which I think is now an 8 year old CPU and I'm still playing today's games just fine.

the only game that's run like poo poo on it is unsurprisingly Ryse Son of Rome which from what I understand is unoptimized in general and gave lots of people problems, but is also Ryse Son of Rome so it doesn't really matter

i care more about if The Witness or Obduction run fine than the new Battlefront. i won't need to upgrade my pc to play the Wonder Boy remake, or Bleed 2

I just have a laptop for the pc exclusives im interested in and do fine with ps4 for aaa since most as you say run on anything.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

I have about zero interest in fighting games, will Tekken or Injustice change my mind?

Tekken has no tutorial and 100 moves per character.

Injustice is much more a casual game with good modes for single play but you can get injustice 1 for like 5 bucks now to see if you like it cause its essentially the same game but with loot and graphics

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my ps4 now has 20 fighting games on it. I play 3 of them. 0 well enough to write home about.

i think they're very fun on their own but maybe i'm weird and enjoy even getting pummeled cause you get to learn.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

What is it

I googled bridges and I guess they do these structures now to get across water/obstacles

Its a piece to death stranding somehow

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lucky!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I only listen to one pavement album that is part of my first iphones cloud back up file so idk it just appears on my phone when i get a new one

Spit on a stranger ftw

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

hot take: archers of loaf's icky mettle is better than slanted and enchanted

pavement's second and third albums are S Tier though.

AoL's a real fav of mine. top tier 90's poo poo and bachman's solo work is very good too but pavement's terror twilight is my #1 jams and it's cool that they went out on it imho, especially cause malkamus' solo poo poo is amazing with the jicks.

i also thing brighten the corners is underappreciated.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just play odin sphere

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ah gently caress i just saw that new meatboy looking game is a procedural roguelite. Yawn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

an actual dog posted:

The End Is Nigh? I don't see anything about it being a roguelike?

Oh nevermind i got it confused with a different game sorry. Forgot the title for a sec

My bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

Give me a new Front Mission, but not like the most recent action-based ones. I want my mecha combat to be turn based with a complicated arrangement of skills and knuckle dusters.

i could never stick with front mission 3 in any replays i've tried the move and attack system feels too restrictive for mech combat where i want action points to take mechs on a rampage

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Finished chapter 1 of ffxv. I love the combat, hate how much distance there is between things, and hate the unskippable cutscenes.

Heres to 25 more hours of the main story

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Knack 2 full E3 trailer will be hype, I don't know what you're talking about. Need that release date

Usually psx announced games arent major parts of the next e3 are they? Cant remember too well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guilty gear team making a dragon ball z marvel style fighter.

My scouter just broke calculating the power level

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

I agree, I'll take the harmless, mostly out-of-sight remarks from some brands on twitter over an obnoxious 15 second ad that pops up every 8 minutes. Like, the people getting ironically disturbed are only seeing it because someone else screen capped and shared it. It's not like it was filling up your personal twitter feed. They aren't sponsored tweets. Just let them have fun.

Yeah, but can I have a Fat Buu/Kid Buu tag team?

Yeah but who's your anchor? Bibbity?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nina posted:

I'm so glad they're using the Xrd style for licensed games now and a Persona 5 Arena looking like that is an actual possibility.

Be still my heart

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Both gg and kof have characters that play with few button presses. Dont sell yourself short

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

The only fighting game I play is the Smash Brother, so I can beat up my favorite Nintendo mascots, and I don't think fighting game people think it;s a fighing game anyway? Also I am not good at it at all.

They dont its true.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nina posted:

I hate that I'm too used to the airdashy dial-a-combo anime fighter to get into slower, more methodical stuff like Street Fighter. Mainly because the fighters I like usually have way smaller playerbases.

When's Skullgirls 2 :saddowns:

I prefer airdashers to ground footsies games but its not the speed. I like when games have all kinds of weird systems that are just a blast to figure out playing some people in a discord and that comes more often with the anime

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Man, Peace Walker was when Kojima crossed the line with character names

Hot coldman ftw

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ffxv's npcs are giving me strong sonic 06 vibes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They move weird and look bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is Shovel Knight a good game?

Yep

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wandle Cax posted:

is it hard?

Eh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shindragon posted:

I hope Sonys is just *SHOW game for whole show*

Exec says hes on stage for 90sec

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

I liked the Sony E3 where they made fun of the Xbox One by announcing that the PS4 had basic features like playing offline and letting friends borrow your games

They have a whole day and a half this year to plan zingers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playing ffxv and man the story makes no sense. Im on chapter 5 and the characters seem to know why we are doing things but they wont tell me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol at how much better this looks than ffxv

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

man the kingdom hearts art style don't look too good in HD

Did you not see how smooth goofy's neighbors chin curves looked

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

They should have just called it the XBox Xrd.

It is rev2 after all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

It's legit cool that they're going to make it so you can play original xbox games on the newest system now.

Yeah that was the high point

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

Did MS say if the bonex will have it's own games or if it will be a pspro deal? Last I heard it was the latter but that was awhile ago and they at times have been really vague when pressed

Its exactly a ps4 pro but you pay more for more p's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Good e3 this year. Hype for many games from bethesda, sony, nintendo

• Locked thread