Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Your cat looks like my cat only much smaller.

I got a big ol' fat cat is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

haveblue posted:

I dunno, we're gonna need some evidence of this

I'm on my phone so imgur is being weird but here's my tubby boy

https://imgur.com/9Rg8AYJ

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

A good kit

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Tom + Chee is actually pretty good. I mean, all their stuff is variations on grilled cheese but it breaks up the monotony of most fast food places.

But yeah a grilled cheese glazed donut sounds loving repulsive.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I stayed up playing Scythe at my friend's place until 1 am despite having work in the morning so I feel ya on the bad decision making.

Scythe is real cool though, I like that game a lot.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Snak posted:

The board game? One of the people in my board gaming group got that but we haven't tried it yet. Really high quality production, but the rules seems somewhat daunting.

We've been playing Terra Mystica, which has quickly become my new favorite.

Yeah the board game. Thing about Scythe is it is intimidating but once you've read through things with the group and started playing is actually very intuitive. Very little stopping to look stuff up. The rulebook actually has some editors notes about how their design philosophies emphasize being able to just look at something and understand it. They're smart cookies.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

How's Wildlands for a "gently caress around with friends" game? $40 is still probably steeper than what I want to pay but decent coop games are few and far between.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The reason people give most open world games poo poo for "you can go anywhere" is because one location is basically the exact same as the other and the only differentiation is what sort of random side missions you can do there.

Breath of the Wild's open world is incredibly varied. Gerudo Desert couldn't be more different from Zora's Domain in aesthetics and traversal.

Yes, the shrines are a bit samey and I think they could have been realized a little better, but the fun part is supposed to be getting to them.

Also if the art style of BotW looks like "generic open world game" to you I think we've been playing different games?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I do understand the criticisms of BotW, it's not a perfect game. For me though, it was a more fully realized world than any other game I've played. I will say Dark Souls comes very close though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I'm curious, what do people generally prefer when it comes to 3rd person vs 1st person? For me I prefer 1st in pretty much every case. 3rd person games are fine but I find myself less engaged with them in general. I guess it works for games like Uncharted where the main character is doing a lot of emoting though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Goemon's Great Adventure

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

My friend paid $60 for Mass Effect: Andromeda lol

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

babypolis posted:

Ive been playing Nuclear Throne and its pretty fun. But how the hell are you supposed to beat that Lil Hunter??? he destroys me every single time

1: You can see him before he comes down, there'll be a circle on the ground where he's going to land. Don't let him land on you or you'll be starting off crippled
2: Kill him fast. If you don't have the gear to kill him fast, you geared up wrong. A good combination of guns can wipe him in one or two cycles of him teleporting. The cop enemies will keep spawning until he's done.
3: Run away when you kill him as he self-destructs and getting killed by that feels real bad.

He's probably the hardest of the bosses and the one most likely to wipe your run but like all the other Nuclear Throne bosses he's not so bad once you know his gimmicks.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I'm really not a JRPG fan but playing Tales of Berseria I was like "wooooah JRPGs can actually have fun gameplay, maybe I just hate turn-based poo poo"

This is reinforced by the fact that I liked everything about Pokemon Sun and Moon except for the combat.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Today I support the Bandicoot with 40 of my American dollars.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The guy at Gamestop said Crash Bandicoot has been selling like crazy (but Gamestop people always say poo poo like that). I hope he was telling the truth because that could lead to:

1: More Crash platformers in the vein of 1,2,3
2: A Spyro remaster

And both of those things would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Square Enix's design philosophy is to take a good idea and then go "Ok, now how can we make this 100x more bloated and complex than it needs to be?"

• Locked thread