Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish Doom RPG and its associated games were available on steam in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That reminds me of the shiva sisters in ff13 where they'd combine into a motorcycle.

That reminds me of how ff13 didn't feature ark in any way, shape, or form. What the hell square, he was right there, you already had an eidolon that was also a transformer, :cmon:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

*waits through a five minute cinematic for a capped 9,999 damage that steiner can do with a three-second attack*

cool

It was a really cool cinematic

I wish FF9 let you summon ark's counterpart Alexander tho even though I know that wouldn't make any sense

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

Someone's trying to ransom Cyberpunk 2077 assets, apparently

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/872840969795899394

Is it just me or is this loving crazy?! Has such a thing happened before?

I feel like something like this might've happened with half-life 2 back when it was in development, but I'm not entirely sure.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

The cutscene featuring Alexander is amazing though

Practically all of FF9's cutscenes are amazing

What's the name of the one that uses the gravity black hole one? The one they use against Lindblum?

Atmos? I wanna say Atmos but I don't think that's right.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
God, the eidolons really were just massively destructive pricks in that game. I mean, not their fault, but jeeze, all that damage, all those towns and places just completely or almost completely wiped out.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
They make both

Duh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

The only FF game I've liked was 9 and they go Kweh in that so that's the right answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Mft5YDHA4

:yeah:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Arc System should make a persona fighting game where they let me play as characters from persona 1 and 2 such as the longinus unit or hitler-in-sunglasses-armed-with-a-spear or a boy with a guitar or steven segal

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Alternately, there was that neat thing arc system works did where they made a one piece 3DS fighting game that could play against another 3DS fighting game they made that starred dbz characters so you had cross-matches between both games and that was cool and it would be neat to see them be able to make more games to fit into that, like maybe a jojo game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

ah yes, this very new fire emblem thing of dating and marriage between characters. its definitely a new thing, very new, not something in the series since the super nintendo days. i cant believe anime has ruined fire emblem

Yes, because in no way does advance wars share similarities or developers with fire emblem, and so they would never consider messing with the formula of advance wars based on the success of fire emblem.

Also was marriage even a thing in fire emblem in the states until awakening because I'm pretty sure there was a long period of time where you didn't even have the marriage/children/dating sim element unless you're really gonna count the supports.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I hope you enjoy this small tiling Metroid I made. Peace

Tiling poo poo is pretty fun. Here are a couple horizontal-looping ones I made a few years back.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lawrence of Arabia's art here is buggin me and I'm not entirely certain why

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

What was the name of that fun-looking French Revolution RPG that got stickied on is very forum a while ago?

Thermidor

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

Was sad to learn when i came in to work this morning that I'm working a night shift tomorrow so I'm gonna miss watching e3 kick off :(

Why's that? I thought E3 started on the 13th, and if you're working a night shift tomorrow then that'd be the 11th and you'd have the whole of the 12th before E3 starts, yeah?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh. I figured they'd all take place during e3's 13th-15th date. Ok then, thanks :)

I'm sorry you're gonna miss out though. At least you'll be able to catch it later, yeah?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

Adam West died :(

The dude definitely got typecast to hell and back but drat if he didn't roll with it. I hope he at least died happy.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

the mushroom kingdom is in socal...

Nah that's just where he has to commute through

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

So it's in... Arizona?

Mexico?

No, silly. It's in the Mushroom Kingdom.

He has to take the warp chunnel to get there.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

there are no chunnels in america, silly!

I didn't say chunnel, I said warp chunnel :P

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

What's wrong with this

It's good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
For me, what looks off is a combination of the hair, pete's outfit, and the increasing contrast between the highly detailed square characters vs the cartoonish disney ones.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nina posted:

Based on what we've seen though the worlds are pretty vast this time

That isn't necessarily a good thing.

I remember the worlds of kingdom hearts 2 that weren't the final world and the first world and for the most part they felt like they just dragged a lot, with way too much open space in some cases. The worlds in that game simultaneously managed to feel both drawn out and too short imo. That may just be me though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I did it. I found the worst youtube thumbnail.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm the tiny "hello neighbor" in the corner that is turned on its side so it will fit into the picture

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
All of his vids are like that. All of them on all of his channels.

https://youtube.com/user/FGTeeV/videos
https://youtube.com/user/intellegentz/videos
https://youtube.com/user/TheSkylanderBoy/videos
https://youtube.com/channel/UCp8OJimQWM728_ZU0iQpBUQ/videos

An example thumbnail from the other 3 channels

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 11, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is art.

No, seriously it reminds me of some of Ryan Trecartin's work from ten years ago, dude was prescient

Aaaaaaaaa you managed to quote it before I was finally able to fix the goddamned youtube links lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

FGTV once filmed their dog being put down at the vet as if it was a console unboxing video or grocery haul

What the gently caress??

I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything about it, got any proof because that is insanely hosed up

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Xenobox Chr1icles X

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
code:
XBOX1X
BOX1XX
OX1XXB
X1XXBO
1XXBOX
XXBOX1

XBOXONEX
BOXONEXX
OXONEXXB
XONEXXBO
ONEXXBOX
NEXXBOXO
EXXBOXON
XXBOXONE	

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So what does this X stand for?

Xvid

Divx

Directx again

The directxbox one directx

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
A special edition xbox one x, or SEXBoX1X

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

So has anybody told Microsoft they used one of gaming's biggest venues to promote an honest to god redpiller?

Wait what?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Did he say any of this stuff on stage? Also, who is Vivian James?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

suuma posted:

They named the 5th Wolfenstein Wolfenstein 2

11th, but who's counting?

Not them :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

pull up thread, nooo

I'm sorry :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zerilan posted:

He wasn't on stage, like 30 seconds of the game's art was shown in a montage of indie game footage.

Oh ok that's not anywhere near as bad as I was expecting then. When I read that they used e3 to promote it, I was expecting more than a montage.

Doesn't excuse the dev by any means but it's like...well, touching a hot stove is better than getting lit on fire

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So hey, what's everybody up to today? I finished up all the planning stuff for my fiancee's surprise birthday party. A friend helped me get her some gifts. I wish I could have gotten some more but I'm sure she'll like what she's got coming her way. She'll be receiving these

FirstAidKite posted:

A friend helped me get some stuff for my fiancee for her birthday, specifically all 3 Exit The Game escape games.

Her birthday is on the 14th so she's not going to get the gifts until then, but I'm hoping she'll enjoy these as much as I think she'll enjoy them :) Just a matter of getting people together to play it maybe. I'm sure it'll be fun. Not sure which one to start off with though.

as well as one of the few skylanders figures that actually looks cool

If I had the cash, I'd get her the DLC she wanted for the Lego Avengers game, or the bayonetta smash DLC since that's the only dlc she's missing for that game, or a few more gamehouse-published games on steam, but I know she'll be happy if only because she won't be expecting anything really because she knows I don't have the ability to get her anything on my own.

So that's all that's happening for me right now. How about the rest of you? Anything interesting planned or fun going on? Play any neat or bad or weird games? See any movies, listen to any songs, read any books?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

Here thread, have some anime

Is this real

CJacobs posted:

Curly's head has gotten a lot less rounded-rectangle-y since we last saw her

Question: how many people saw Quote's head wrong in the original cave story?

For whatever reason I always saw it as a profile view, the green bit on the right being the nose, the green at the left being an antenna, the blue line closest to the left being an ear, and the blue closest to the right being his only visible eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

Yep, and the girl in the upper left corner is the main character from Code of Princess (if you remember that game)

I've been wanting to play code of princess, idgaf if it's considered not-great or anything. They'd better include the rest of the CoP cast in there though :P Sister Hel and the egyptian cat merchant and the necromancer in particular

• Locked thread