Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I'm really kind of bad at "making my own fun" in games and for me the most enjoyment usually comes out of executing something really well or getting into an involved story.

I'm usually the same. That's why I like BOTW so much, it's like the only game that has made open world work that way for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PUBG is good.

Dota 2 is awful.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I'm curious, what do people generally prefer when it comes to 3rd person vs 1st person? For me I prefer 1st in pretty much every case. 3rd person games are fine but I find myself less engaged with them in general. I guess it works for games like Uncharted where the main character is doing a lot of emoting though.

Depends entirely on the game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm glad star citizen exists because it's a constant source of pure :psyduck:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I would pay 80 dollars to have these games on the Switch. I do not want another hunk of plastic to deal with

Same

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I just started playing Resident Evil 6, I'm about halfway through the Leon campaign, and it seems not very good? And I liked Resident Evil 5, I'm not one of those people who thinks Resident Evil without tank controls is haram. The opening is terrible, you're just thrown into an exploding city with no explanation, and the gameplay is interrupted every fifteen seconds by a cutscene that may or may not have a QTE. There's literally a part where a cutsene ends, you walk forward five feet, and that triggers another cutscene. It's so bad.

RE5 was clearly made with co-op in mind. Some of the boss fights are really hard if you're playing solo. But RE6 is just flatout a co-op game. There are long sections where the characters are split up and the game just plays half it's own content by itself. The worst part is that there are very clearly moments in cutscenes where the second player would've had to do a QTE if there was a second player. cutscene QTEs are already terrible, If I was playing a game and had to redo a section because someone else hosed up a QTE, I would commit violence on something.

Plus there's a bunch of little annoyances. Not enough inventory space, in order to throw a grenade you have to select the grenade you want from the weapon select and after you throw one grenade it automatically switches back to the gun you had before so you have to select grenades again if you want to throw a second grenade, you can't do melee on a zombie that's partway through it's standing up animation, the worst swimming controls I've seen since the loving PS1 era, You can only equip skills before starting the game, you spend a whole chapter trying to escape a city with a bunch of NPCs and then you do but they all just loving die in the cutscene beginning the next chapter, etc.

It's just not very good at all

RE6 is bad

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

The combat in XIII owns

Too bad about the rest of it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Combat in XIII is way better than FF7 though even if the rest of the game is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

An LP group I liked played ARMS recently and 100% of the youtube comments are about which character people want to gently caress and how excited they are that hentai artists will be drawing them.

Lurdiak is sad.

Don't read youtube comments

• Locked thread